144 replies to this topic

#61 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

when a avalanche was moving his hockey rod real fast and wild at the few last seconds of a game my heart nearly attacked but then a bikesa fell hard on a ice and the avalanched stopped yes then the bell sounded loud and hard yes that was a real heart stop.

Yeah I felt the same thing. I know and understand what u mean.
Posted Image

#62 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Good skating and defense. Canucks played well and controlled the play most of the way. The 3-2 goal was off a skate on a BS soft call to give them a 5 on 3. I think the Canucks played well tonight.

Awsome finally a full good game and got another one on the PP

34pxlzl.jpg

Thanks for the sig GoaltenderInterference!

#63 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Now we see the team when we have a goalie playing well, but the team with average goaltending looks awful, and I won't forget that. We still need big improvements, before we plan on going far.

Raymond is going to cost us 3.5+ if he keeps this up, are you guys comfortable in giving that to him and having to play him on the 2nd line? I'm still critical of players coming off contract years.

Nice win though, keep it up boys!!! :towel:
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#64 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

I for one am surprised Schneider started back to back - maybe there's a trade in the works for Luongo?

Maybe. I like to think it's just keeping the ball rolling because Schneider has been lights out.

#65 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,909 posts

POPULAR

AV looking like a genius.

Posted Image

What's that Ruff lovers!?

Posted Image

Bandwagoners need to be fired.

AV looks like a genuis based on what? Actually doing the moves that CDC has been crying for him to do for a month? Like Garrison as the shooter on the PP and Schroeder centering the 2nd line between Raymond and Hansen?

Ya, full credit to him for being a day late and a dollar short as usual.

EDIT: My question is why haven't we seen Ballard on the PP as a winger? He has been our 4th best forward after our 2nd line both games he has played there.....:)

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 24 March 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#66 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Game was closer than it shoud have been. Danny not shooting on an open net and Higgins missing two open nets. Could have been a romp.

Team battled hard and showed great energy especially considering their recent schedule. THe adversity seems to be giving them purpose and they are playing a much tighter game supporting eachother.

Sedins should have been able to shine agianst the Avs but didn't look very interesed or effective. I thought Higgins was the best player on that line.

Schneids - like a rock!!

Garrison Tanev Bieksa and Hammer all had solid games, NIce to see the top 4 shaping up.

When everyon'es healthy, Ballard should be given consideration on the 4th line expecially for the playoffs. He's smart, a great skater and an insurance policy if the D goes down. He didn't look out of place at all tonight.

#67 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

4 in a row baby!

Anyways, Barker's face.

And you're point is ?

#68 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

AV looks like a genuis based on what? Actually doing the moves that CDC has been crying for him to do for a month? Like Garrison as the shooter on the PP and Schroeder centering the 2nd line between Raymond and Hansen?

Ya, full credit to him for being a day late and a dollar short as usual.

This. Av also gets the credit for Schneiders brilliant hot streak.
Posted Image

#69 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts

Lets string together another long winning streak.

canucks141.png

#70 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Has been long time... I forget... what is Sedinery?
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#71 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Now we see the team when we have a goalie playing well, but the team with average goaltending looks awful, and I won't forget that. We still need big improvements, before we plan on going far.

Raymond is going to cost us 3.5+ if he keeps this up, are you guys comfortable in giving that to him and having to play him on the 2nd line? I'm still critical of players coming off contract years.

Nice win though, keep it up boys!!! :towel:

You know, I don't think Kesler and Raymond don't play well together. It will be interesting to see what happens with Luongo. I think next season will start to sort itself out when one of our goalies is finally traded. I think Raymond will take a bit of a discount to play with this team. Schroeder and Raymond are awesome together though.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 24 March 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#72 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

This. Av also gets the credit for Schneiders brilliant hot streak.

This team usually wins only when the goalies are hot unfortunately.

#73 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Really, the only thing noteworthy about this win - besides the fact it's another W in the win column - was the play of Schneider. He followed up his shutout yesterday with another great performance. The Schroeder line produced another goal but otherwise didn't have an out-of-this world game or anything.

On the flip side, the Sedin line and the bottom 6 were absolutely useless. It's frightening how the Sedins are not only just failing to put up points but struggling to create offense at all, on the powerplay and at even strength. They had a great first couple PP's but after that were total non-factors. I know I'm being pretty harsh on them lately but these are our TOP players. They're not babies. They're not rookies for whom there are no expectations. They're expected to lead this team on the ice and right now they're doing absolutely nothing to contribute so they deserve the heavy criticism they're getting from fans and the media. I really love these guys so for me it's extremely difficult to see them playing like this.

All in all, this was a good victory when you consider the circumstances but we have to keep in mind they just beat the last team in the West. There's still a ways to go before I personally start believing this team will make some noise in the playoffs. Even if they are capable, that will come down to health as well. Who knows when the Canucks will get Kesler back. One thing to watch will be what the Canucks do leading up to and at the trade deadline.

#74 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

when a avalanche was moving his hockey rod real fast and wild at the few last seconds of a game my heart nearly attacked but then a bikesa fell hard on a ice and the avalanched stopped yes then the bell sounded loud and hard yes that was a real heart stop.

What language was that?

#75 redhdlois

redhdlois

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Dale Weise is in a sling......omg.....

#76 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,694 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

weisse injury longer than expected

the make shift roster moves on
Posted Image

#77 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

I'm not for AV, nor am I against AV. However, I do feel a change is needed AFTER this year depending on what occurs in the playoffs.

That being said, I think AV does deserve some credit for this recent streak we're on. It's easy to be negative and pin the loss on people like AV, Luo, Edler, Bieksa.... But please, give credit where credit is deserved. He's currently coaching a team that is missing big pieces like Kesler and Kassian. Guys like Booth and Wiese (who is somewhat decent), Pinnizotto who is supposed to be with this team as well. He has taken this team that is effed with injuries and he deserves credit for the recent win streak, as do the players.

#78 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Dale Weise is in a sling......omg.....

Shoot him, it's the only humane thing to do.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#79 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

What language was that?

Google translated Swedish maybe?
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#80 GoodVibrations

GoodVibrations

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Is anyone else kind of excited about not seeing Weise play for a few games? :bigblush:

#81 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yup. Another game, another injury.

But i'm starting to like Ballard as a forward. At least then he'll get some shots.
Posted Image

#82 Sia

Sia

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

All the people who were saying that Schneider was "unproven"... He's been leading a banged up team that was on the verge of collapsing out of the playoffs to a four game winning streak. Not saying he's the greatest goalie ever nor is it a knock on Lu, just saying that he's been doing pretty well under pressure so far.

That's a great way to sum it up. I'm VERY IMPRESSED with how well he's played in the last few games...

#83 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph 7m
AV says #canucks F Dale Weise's shoulder injury is worse than day to day. He was in a sling in the locker room post game.

Think we'll see more of Ballard on the wing?

Or Jensen gets called up. Ballard has done a good job as a forward though, wouldn't mind seeing him there for a couple more games.

#84 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,694 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Or Jensen gets called up. Ballard has done a good job as a forward though, wouldn't mind seeing him there for a couple more games.

certainly, if kassian and pinnizotto cant get back in next gm
Posted Image

#85 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

You know, I don't think Kesler and Raymond don't play well together. It will be interesting to see what happens with Luongo. I think next season will start to sort itself out when one of our goalies is finally traded. I think Raymond will take a bit of a discount to play with this team. Schroeder and Raymond are awesome together though.

....WHY? Why should he take any discount to play with THIS team? You've gotta be kidding!!

#86 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

....WHY? Why should he take any discount to play with THIS team? You've gotta be kidding!!

Because the rest of the players took discounts. If they hadn't, there probably wouldn't have been enough cash to sign him because he had such a poor previous season.

#87 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Think we'll see more of Ballard on the wing?

I hope so. Seems like he is having fun out there.

Glad for the W but lets not get too carried away here. I know we are hurting but this winning streak comes on the back of low-calibre and struggling teams. Let's not plan the parade just yet.

Positives: D seem to be playing better as of late, getting star goaltending again, hits seem to be up, and we are forechecking once more.

Good chance to pick up some more points this next week. Columbus, Avs, and the Oil up next on the ol'chopping block. GCG!

#88 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Has been long time... I forget... what is Sedinery?

You'll see it soon enough !

#89 TrevL16

TrevL16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

I, too, like Ballard as a forward. Will this be a permanent switch, I wonder?

#90 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

This team does seem to play better when Vigneault is given less options.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.