The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard the winger

Nuck-Shot

people should try and stay impartial to this one. he's filling in, and hasn't hurt anything. don't complain because of his contract, he's plugging a hole. he hasn't been a great forward, just a responsible one. i lean towards the optimist view only because i like watching ballard play. in any position, apparantly.

If Ballard is happy and AV is happy I am delirious.

The great players in any sport can make a fist of playing in any position and Ballard will only get better as he plays more.

On top of that the guy is just so keen to stay here and be part of the team..............that says it all for me.

.... Van wins 3 games and Ballard is automatically a good foward in the eyes of CDC :picard: when we start to lose expect him to be the reason in peoples minds. Ballard is a D man and is meant to play D. Screw playing a D man as a foward, Van needs natural wingers playing god are we really this desperate? if so then we need to rebuild big time

No fear...good quality to have for the dirty work of a 3-4 line winger..he knows how to get under defenseman's skin...keeps the game a simple north south...he comes back defensively like a high 3rd Dman...maybe its a new position in the making? I have never really noticed much contribution from that spot til him...keeps the opposition honest buy not taking unecessary chances with the puck.

Archived