The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond... keep or trade?

Mrock-763

This team needs play-off performers. He's been playing differently this year than recent years, so I'd say give him one last chance in the play-offs. If he can't compete there yet again, then ship him off to a team that needs to make the playoffs.

Well on the past two playoffs Raymond will be at the back of a damn long queue. Raymond is one of the few on our team, when fit who doesn't dip in the playoffs.

I think we should part with Raymond, Ballard, Edler, Bieksa, Tanev and Kesler..............It's HIGH TIME CDC GOT THE KICK IN THE NUTS THEY DESERVE.

I will burst myself laughing when we see what we get back and we struggle every year in the playoffs while these players go on to greater things.

If we ever get to the play offs...

You DO live on these boards. :) ... "bud"

Remember what I said about how dishonest you were (and are) about changing parameters?

3) I originally mentioned 27-28 year-olds, not "28 years".

2) I originally stated one time at 30 or 35 goals, not 35 minimum.

3) You originally stated 10 players, not 20 +

"Cookies! Cookies!"

Alex Burrows. (Oops!)

nope not enough because you are hoping Raymond becomes #9 out of HUNDREDS of NHL players so the odds are actually heavily stacked against him

Seriously do the math, whats 9 divided by EVERY NHL player who hasn't scored 30-35 goals before the age of 27 or 28?

My guess is less than 5%.

So if you want to hold onto Raymond thinking he fits in that magical category, you should also buy a lottery ticket because that sounds like a guaranteed win to me...

I don't think what I'm saying is that far fetched. Obviously there's guys like you and Barry who think that Raymond can score 35 goals. I'm saying that history and stats say otherwise (the chances are SUPER slim) so why not trade him to a GM that thinks like the 2 of you who think his potential is a 35 goal scorer and get something decent in return for him?

I'm just playing the percentages and the probabilities.

It's highly improbable that Raymond will becomes a 35 goal scorer so if we could trade him along with some assets to get a 35 goal scorer, then why not pull the trigger?

The only reason why I would keep him is if I think its highly probable that he will become a 35 goal scorer

I don't think you got my point...

(1)I'm saying your original parameters were 27-28 years old and 30-35 goal scorers but in order to try making your argument work, you are concentrating on the lowest numbers out of your range (27 years old 30 goals) which shows you don't really have a valid argument.

(2)Moreover, the fact that even while you are trying to pick the lower numbers in your range, you are still having a tough time finding names is further evidence that you were out to lunch on your comments.

COOKIES!!!

(3)I think you and I have different standards.

(4)When I give someone a range 30-35 and 27-28, I am looking at the mean of the numbers (32.5 and 27.5 with a standard deviation allowing for a range like 30-35 or 27-28).

So then, if I was so adamant about my point, I wouldn't pick all 27 year olds and 30 goal scorers like you did. There would be a good mixture of 27 and 28 year olds AND 30 and 35 goal scorers.

(5)However, by the fact that you can't even really find 27 year olds and arguing that 26.6 years should count as 27 etc just further illustrates my point that you have no facts to back up your statements.

And yes, I come to this board often because it's entertaining. Is there something wrong with that or do you like being the fun police and like setting limits on forum time for people? ::D

(6)The comment about living on the forum also further goes to show that you are in a losing battle in which you are hiding from the argument at hand and looking at personal attacks to try to regain the superiority that you clearly lack.

Why is everyone shouting?

Raymond is a core player and we should re sign him. He has proven this year he can produce without Kesler and hes no longer afraid to cut to the middle. We dont find players like this every day.

Lets re sign him. 3.25mil for 4 years.

Archived