The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond... keep or trade?

Mrock-763

Couldn't say I've always been a Raymond fan but I will admit he's been valuable and one of our more consistent players this year, that said...his trade value is probably the highest it's been since his back injury and moving him for a centre would be something I'm not opposed to.

I have to admit he's proved me wrong. Resign him if he will take a manageable deal.

He looks different this year finally playing with a real playmaker. 27 years old so he's just entering his prime years here. The next 3 or 4 years will probably be his career years. Keep the home grown talent and get rid of Booth Ballard.

When Raymond struggled last season due to the extended rehab from his back injury, and then his hand or whatever that was that was bothering him later on, people really ripped on the guy and showed no mercy, I didn't much care for it. What we are seeing this year is the real Mason Raymond, healthy and a very good second-line guy, terrific two-way player, providing that essential secondary scoring. Same as he was before he got hurt, and as I cast my mind back, I recall that, at least to my eye, he was our most effective forward in the Finals against Boston before he got hurt. If he can be fit in under the low cap next season, he is definitely a keeper. If not, it would be a big loss.

I want the Speed line to keep it up in the playoffs so badly. They'd be a lock for our third line (once everyone's healthy), which would FINALLY give some stability to our lineup. As much as I love Higgins and want him to stay, I think him and Booth are our only forwards that are taking up spots that could be better filled by someone else.

I want the Speed line to keep it up in the playoffs so badly. They'd be a lock for our third line (once everyone's healthy), which would FINALLY give some stability to our lineup. As much as I love Higgins and want him to stay, I think him and Booth are our only forwards that are taking up spots that could be better filled by someone else.

No but his season to date may play a big part in his future.

He was drafted and sculpted by the Canuck franchise, I believe with the season he is having if he wants to stay, he will stay. He will be a cheaper option going forward than Booth, more offensive flair than Higgins, and not a defenseman fill in like Ballard.

He has produced better than I think anyone one CDC could have hoped for and has build chemistry with another player that will hopefully be here long term (Hansen). I say keep him and Hansen and sign them to deals closer to 3M each moving forward.

hi canuckers, im a first time poster, long time follower of this site, n been a canucks fan win or loose since '93, personally i think we should work out a trade with the capitals, as much as i like the way raymond has brought his A game back this season, i think if we can get Mike Ribeiro and Mike Green, both long term for raymond, ballard and a draft pick / prospect, that would fill in the huge lack of offence that the canucks are still missing, cheers

Archived