The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond... keep or trade?

Mrock-763

Raymond is fianally coming into his own after his broken back. He has a lot of heart and is not only getting goals, his forcheck and playmaking is getting better all the time. Instead of looking for greener grass, I say we keep Raymo and let him continue to grow. It is time this team gelled, not continued to bring in new personalties, let's just get it done with the (considerable ) talent we have. We don't need players looking over their shoulder any more this season.

Guest r0cknr0lla

His speed is Bure-esque , I love him on the shootout and if he can score in regular game time the way he does in shootout I say we keep him.

We need to keep Raymond. He will be a constant reminder to all the Raymond haters/morons/Flakes /villageidiots that they don't know as much about hockey as they pretend to. Thus all the stupid trade Raymond sentiment going around. If Gillis does trade him it would have to part of a package deal with a bigger name coming back, otherwise he would be weakening our team.

Buy low, sell high. He has high value now, and we'd be silly not to (attempt to) trade him. We could probably get a 2nd rounder for him at this point, which would be great, but not what we want. I wonder if we could package him for someone else.

I think it makes a lot of sense to trade him, and there's several reasons why. The most important being we have too many wingers and are trying to get bigger. Credit where it's due, he's having a good season and for that reason he could fetch a real suitable Center for us and help balance out the lines. Hopefully achieving some much needed on ice chemistry.

booth for ott looks better, and im sorry but sestito is awful and gordon is just fair, u will not get passed the first round with ur 4th line looking like that.

Trade booth for Ott

Sedins-Sedins-Kesler

Hansen-Schroeder-Raymond

Ott-Lapierre-Burrows

Higgins-Pini-Kassian

Or

Sedins-Sedins-Kesler

Hansen-Ott-Brrows

Weise-Schroeder-Kassian=3rd line

Raymond-Lapierre-Higgins=3rd line

I see you still prefer to take the snarky route rather than just make a few appropriate clicks to discover that you're wrong.

Oh, wait, that's it, isn't it? You don't want to be proven wrong.

By the way, another readjustment in your second post just continues to shift the goalposts in the make believe world that is CanucksJay. I said that Raymond had the potential, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him reach it, of scoring 30-35 goals in the near future. Nowhere did I say that he could do that consistently. A few years ago, for that one season, there were 29 30-goal scorers in the entire league. One per team on average. So to do it even once is a big deal. I think he could do it two or three times if he stays healthy. The only ones who do that consistently are first-liners. And I don't think anyone here is under the delusion that he has great potential to be that kind of player.

But you keep on keeping on, changing your tune when you get caught out, and offering up snide comments to try to deflect attention away from your poor analysis.

And another thing. Look up the career stats for Darcy Rota. He was a Canuck, in case you didn't know.

LMFAO

Darcy Rota really?

You picked a stat from over 30 years ago?

::D

Looks like you are reaching bud if that's the best you can do... Seems like too many to list just really isn't too many to list

I openly said that I can only think of Martin St Louis while you were saying there are too many names to list. So essentially the burden lies with you to name some names however, seeing how all you can manage was Darcy Rota's stat from 1982, I think my point is proven.

Until you can list the too many names to list, you basically threw out a statement with no facts to justify it.

This should be easy for you, I mean after all, there's so many names to choose from right Barry?

And I'm not looking for another random stat from 3 decades ago. I'm actually looking for a nice healthy list of names...

Your move.

As always, you missed the larger point in the Darcy Rota example. If you bothered to even look at the lead I gave you (did you?), you'd have seen that Rota had been a low 20 goal scorer multiple times over a long career until he exploded his last two years, at 30 years of age. Raymond, OTOH, has only one 25 goal season under his belt, and is younger than when Rota had his breakout years. So I find it odd and rather presumptuous that you could, with blithe confidence, assert that Raymond would never exceed 25 goals, even once, when he's just reaching his prime playing years.

And again, you breezed right through my last post, otherwise how could you fail, yet again, to ignore my point? You said show me consistent 30 goal scorers when I made no such assertion. But it would be ridiculously easy, though obviously you're still too lazy (or more exactly, afraid), to do some simple research which proves that there are many players who hit the 30 goal mark for the first time after they hit 27 years of age.

No one here is your dog. If you want to learn anything, do the work yourself .... "bud".

No, I'm quite enjoying hearing you repeat your non-argument ad nauseum. This, by the way, is a frequent "debating" tactic of someone who ignores points the other has made with regards to contradictions in the other's comments, and who has ignored the main point of his opponent. You seriously believe that because Raymond , who hit his high -water mark of 25 goals one time at 25, can't exceed that even ONE time, when his best production totals, in the aggregate of all players, are in the next few years?

But you'll just repeat yourself again, like a toddler who blurts out "cookies!" all day because no one is satisfying his impetuous urges.

Now run along and give ME the examples. There's a good lad.

Archived