I don't think you got my point...
(1)I'm saying your original parameters were 27-28 years old and 30-35 goal scorers but in order to try making your argument work, you are concentrating on the lowest numbers out of your range (27 years old 30 goals) which shows you don't really have a valid argument.
(2)Moreover, the fact that even while you are trying to pick the lower numbers in your range, you are still having a tough time finding names is further evidence that you were out to lunch on your comments.
(3)I think you and I have different standards.
(4)When I give someone a range 30-35 and 27-28, I am looking at the mean of the numbers (32.5 and 27.5 with a standard deviation allowing for a range like 30-35 or 27-28).
So then, if I was so adamant about my point, I wouldn't pick all 27 year olds and 30 goal scorers like you did. There would be a good mixture of 27 and 28 year olds AND 30 and 35 goal scorers.
(5)However, by the fact that you can't even really find 27 year olds and arguing that 26.6 years should count as 27 etc just further illustrates my point that you have no facts to back up your statements.
And yes, I come to this board often because it's entertaining. Is there something wrong with that or do you like being the fun police and like setting limits on forum time for people?
(6)The comment about living on the forum also further goes to show that you are in a losing battle in which you are hiding from the argument at hand and looking at personal attacks to try to regain the superiority that you clearly lack.
(1) I stated originally that Raymond could hit at least
30 goals at least once in his career. By definition this means that 30 goals is the standard, the base, the goal of the exercise, the defining mark, from which anything OVER 30 goals is gravy.. This is grade two math and kindergarten common sense. You are flailing. (Have you actually had a peek at all those 30 goal scorers from 27 and up yet? Oops.)
(2) I'm not having a tough time finding anyone at all. I have a whole Rolodex of players who fit the criteria that you and I have outlined from quite a few posts ago. I wonder why you don't dig up the stats to DISprove me if you're so confident?
(3) Yes. I mean what I say, and stick by it. You, on the other hand, keep shifting the criteria either because (a) you're afraid the original parameters which we both established is starting to look not only shaky for you, but ready to be engulfed by "late bloomers" breaching the walls, or (
because you're just a dishonest person who'd rather "win" by subterfuge and cheating than by learning something about players and their potential throughout different stages of their careers.
(4) You didn't "give me a range", liar. Go back and re-read, or have someone do it for you, and read it back to you slowly. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if Raymond hit 30 goals, even 35 once, or a few times, in his career. You said that he had topped out at 25. So, by your recent twisted logic in the quote (4) I'm responding to, I could just as easily say that anything past 25 goals would destroy your argument since you originally said that 25 goals was "his ceiling". (Your words.) But I'm being generous and lifted that to 30. Count yourself lucky. Or maybe not, considering those surprising folk who didn't know that they were done improving at 26 and change, and went on to have even better goal totals.
(5) Again, who says I can't find any 27 year-olds or higher? Unlike you, I don't spasm out my arguments 20 minutes after every post. I've got all day, all week, all month. This is becoming very entertaining. Baggins has stolen a few names (damn you, baggins! haha), but there're quite a few more just from perusing stats from the past few years.
(6) The only reason I brought up the "you live on the forums" angle was in response to your bizarre (and ironic, as it turns out) personal attack on myself that I was "hiding under a rock", avoiding you, that is. I simply responded that I have a life outside of CDC, and that if you want to continue this game you'll have to be patient, even though that differs drastically from your personality. Deal with it.
"Lecavalier over the line, turns, spots Stamkos, Stamkos drops for St. Louis, Marty St. Louis shoots, he SCORES! Career year for the old codger, what a goal! The crowd goes wild!"