The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] - Loui Eriksson available?

As per TSN TradeCentre:

Star Search

After dealing captain Brenden Morrow, the Stars could soon be hanging the “For Sale” sign according to the New York Post's Larry Brooks.

While rental players such as Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy and Eric Nystrom could likely be had, Brooks wonders if the Stars might truly start a rebuild by fielding offers on forward Loui Eriksson.

The 27-year-old Swede has proven he can produce - netting 25-plus in each of his last four seasons - and would net a tidy return by virtue of the three years remaining on his contract beyond 2013 at an affordable $4.25 million.

Perhaps the most underrated player in the league, I would love to see him play with the Sedins. Plus, his salary is the same as Booth's, I think he's a player that the Canucks should definitely go after.

Wow, thats unreal that they would even allow a rumour like that get out.

Thats the kind of player you trade the farm for. If he moves, he'll be in Detroit.

If MG still thinks this team is a contender i would open with:

Raymond

Connauton

1st in '13

Then work from there. He instantly solidifies the 2nd line and can play wing or centre.

Booth Rodin Raymond? Raymond, Connauton, 1st? LOL

How about Edler, Jensen and a 1st to start and maybe Dallas get's interested. Loui Ericksson with the Sedins = 40 goals minimum. He's been a near PPG player in Dallas, in Vancouver with the Sedins and on the PP he easily has 100pt potential.

I'd still be comfortable going into next season with a Juice-Hammer-Garr-Tanev top 4. Perhaps get a veteran D and 3rd line C in a goalie trade:

Luongo + 2nd for Goc, Kuba and Bjugstad. If it's feasible perhaps the Canucks keep some of Luongo's salary cap hit.

Archived