The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is up with Lappy?

Off_The_Schneid!

Lapierre has already taken over 400 faceoffs in 32 games.

Last year he took 482 in 82 games - significant increase with Malhotra out.

Lapierre has taken only 27 penalty minutes this season - he's cutting his pm nearly in half.

He's also hitting a little less - partly perhaps because he may have lost a step, but partly also due to the fact that his role has changed and his job is to carry weight elsewhere and take less risks both physically and in terms of taking penalties. He needs to stay as healthy ap and on the ice.

Important imo to keep a player's situational play in context.

Terrible post, what do you expect the guy to do? He battles hard defensively and does a good job on the pk. AV has given him responsibilities and I'm pretty sure scoring points is not on the top of the list. Great on the faceoff too, and for those who writeoff that stat should take a gander of the stats from the games we lost as of recent and our faceoff percentage. Sure he took a couple bad penalties but everyone does, but because he doesnt score points (which is not his main responsibility) you pick on the guy.

Kills me when ppl expect every player on the roster to "produce"

Ofcourse taking faceoffs isnt an attribute, i never said it was. I said hes great on the faceoff which means he has a great FO percentage. Hitting players isnt the most effective way to play the 4th line, I'd rather him be more defensively responsible and im pretty sure AV feels the same. Hitting takes you out of the play and requires more energy. And no, hitting doesnt fill up the momentum bar like on video games so stop putting so much emphasis on hitting

Am I living in the twilight zone or something? Didn't I see a thread almost identical to this one a few days ago?

And yes I agree Lappy isn't playing his best right now, I hope he can step it back up once playoffs come around. He needs to play his best o/w this team isn't getting past the first round. 3rd and 4th liners can make or break a team come playoffs.

You don't just put on 40 pounds of useful weight (i.e. muscle) in 2 years. 20 is hard enough to do. Any more and he'd likely limit his mobility and effectiveness in other areas. But sure, I guess another 20 pounds would keep him from 'hugging' people instead of hitting.

:picard:

He seems to be lost and floating a lot of the time lately and its gotten to the point where I dont think resigning him should be in the cards. For all the talk about him being awesome in the playoffs,I seem to recall his chirping costing us as well when everything went off the rails.

Either way he needs to focus and hit,since most of the team lacks in that area.

So the team is on a streak, garrison and Schroeder is playing well..... So the village idiots have no one to pick on now?

Can't you guys stfu and just support the team instead of picking a random member of the team to crap on EVERY TWO ???? DAYS

So the team is on a streak, garrison and Schroeder is playing well..... So the village idiots have no one to pick on now?

Can't you guys stfu and just support the team instead of picking a random member of the team to crap on EVERY TWO ???? DAYS

Archived