80 replies to this topic

#61 Burr's bandwagon

Burr's bandwagon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

He's been pretty useless all year...fourth line C at best....not sure if there is any upgrades available....if MG could find one that actually intimidates and can fight, we'd be better off.

Kellan Lain says hi.
webkit-fake-url://E0525C6D-59C8-4266-8890-6962F34EFBA6/application.pdf
-The Future

#62 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

He has no good linemates to play on, he's playing a very minor role, and he can do so much more with better people with him, or a bigger role on the team in general. Maybe they are keeping him on the down-low until playoffs and then will release him (not on waivers, i mean like the Kracken)! hahaha

#63 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

He's played well up to this point and hasn't shown any signs of frustration with his role. He wil be re-signed I am sure, now I hope higgy can get on a roll.

Completely disagree.

He played well for 2011 playoffs, and did nothing last year playoff despite being touted as built for playoffs by cdc around here, took a few bad timely penalties as well. And he got shifts on the top lines as well last year against the kings.

He is also an av favorite and gets a ton of minutes despite being an offensive black hole this season and getting tons of minutes even when were down in games. And thats what really scares me, just look at the amount of games he got as a 3rd C before av finally put him back to 4c and the amount of minutes he plays every night.

Unless he does not want a raise or has a great playoff year I dont want to see him resigned based on his play so far and how much av loves him. He is becoming rome 2.0 for me. Rome was a decent bottom pairing defensemen who we hated because av liked him, gave him a ton of minutes, and would not hesitate to use him in situations he could not handle. And Lapierre is becoming that for me this season.

And he was given priority over JS for a number of games playing with kassian booth higgins ect.. and really held them back, he had trouble taking passes and hardly passed himself and was always behind the play, this went on for the duration of our loosing streak for quite some time, so I dont know how people can say look at his line mates. Only recently has he been put back to where he belongs. And even then i would argue dale has played better then him and made a lot less mistakes.

He has been decent in the faceoff dot, but for a 4th liner who is not very physical this year, and taking bad penalties, and making a lot of gaffe's i wont be sad if he walks.

And i used to be a fan of his.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 26 March 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#64 deebow420

deebow420

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

And equally nice how you ignore the actual argument I'm making about how trying to add even more weight is not only difficult to do, but could be a detriment to his game and not change anything to do with his hitting style. Instead, you've chosen only to focus on 5 pounds difference between our sources.

Don't forget what your original post I responded to was about:

I'm equally happy not to discuss it with you any more if you aren't willing to at least debate the actual point.

Elvis, your going to run outta breath before you get through an adult discussion/debate with this guy! Kassiansface would argue with a stop sign.

#65 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

I don't think he fits what MG is trying to instill in this team, that being team toughness, with the request that he stop the chirping and just play tough, grind em out hockey, without all the antics Lappy brings to the table, you have basically rendered him almost useless.
He does lay the body out once in a while, but never a hit that is a difference maker, can't fight, doesn't have enough skill to make a difference either.
I am glad to see the team is trying to shake the diving, whining reputation that IMO has a lot to do with AV's coaching.
It is going to be tough to do, as we still have Kesler performing out there. And after watching Nolan skate away unscathed after lighting Henrik up, it almost leads me to believe we are still a long ways away from shaking that rep.
IMO Lappy is very expendable, as is Kesler and Burrows to a point, but in his defense he has been better.

#66 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Kellan Lain says hi.

Or even that Mallet kid.....
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#67 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,332 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

This, I also think he misses chirping a bit, he's involved in the games a lot more when he chirps and he plays better imo. I don't know why AV and Gillis need to make every player on this team a robot.

I talked to Wiliie Mitchell when he was at the star playing shinny hockey in the off season and even he said they weren't really aloud to celebrate goals and stuff too much when he played in Van.

What's the point in always trying to show respect to the opponents when we're the most hated team and it comes back to bite them in the ass all the time.

This team lacks emotion, which is another reason I want AV gone.

That's not necessarily AVs fault, but more of a team thing. Look at Montreal this year, management put a rule in place where they could no longer do the triple low five or whatever it was Price and Subban used to do after games. They seem to be doing just fine with a "team first not individual celebrations" mentality.

Kellan Lain says hi.

And that's a worthwhile note, as he's been playing well with the Wolves, getting larger minutes and both offensive and defensive responsibility while taking important faceoffs. He might be worth a try if he continues his good play.

Elvis, your going to run outta breath before you get through an adult discussion/debate with this guy! Kassiansface would argue with a stop sign.

Hahaha! I bet he doesn't like mirrors at home for the same reason.

Edited by elvis15, 26 March 2013 - 09:54 AM.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#68 Off_The_Schneid!

Off_The_Schneid!

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Can you guys actually try to watch him play tonight and not just quote the stat sheet at the end if the game.

#69 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Can you guys actually try to watch him play tonight and not just quote the stat sheet at the end if the game.

karma was a bitch huh?

#70 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

top shelf is what's up with Lappy

#71 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

You were saying?
Posted Image

#72 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

nice shootout goal

#73 Off_The_Schneid!

Off_The_Schneid!

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

karma was a bitch huh?

#74 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

That shootout goal was pretty clutch.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Andrew Gordon is making Lappy a scoring threat.

Love it.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23 and...

#76 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

One shootout goal, he had a single good night, he is going to have to be a lot more consistent though and stop taking dumb penalties before he turns it around. Only on cdc does a single game shootout make a season after a game.

I hope everyone is prepared for another lapierre promotion, even more ice time for an av favorite. Dont be surprised if schroeder has a bad game av will pluck him out and put lapierre back in that spot.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 26 March 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#77 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Someone reads CDC.....

#78 Off_The_Schneid!

Off_The_Schneid!

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

How is karma a bitch, we won, last I checked that's a good thing. I thought he played another sub par game, but I'm glad he got the shootout winner. Good for him. I used to be a Lappy fan, back when he played with passion,I've only stated that he's been playing poorly lately. Maybe that goal will give him some much needed confidence

#79 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

One shootout goal, he had a single good night, he is going to have to be a lot more consistent though and stop taking dumb penalties before he turns it around. Only on cdc does a single game make a season after a game.

I hope everyone is prepared for another lapierre promotion, even more ice time for an av favorite.

29 penalty minutes this season.
Everyone takes a couple stupid penalties through the course of a season and he has taken his few, but he's also playing more disciplined hockey and holding his own as our sole shutdown C.

Edited by oldnews, 26 March 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#80 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

One shootout goal, he had a single good night, he is going to have to be a lot more consistent though and stop taking dumb penalties before he turns it around. Only on cdc does a single game shootout make a season after a game.

I hope everyone is prepared for another lapierre promotion, even more ice time for an av favorite. Dont be surprised if schroeder has a bad game av will pluck him out and put lapierre back in that spot.

1 single good night? have you been out of town for a while?

he may not be a superstar in our team, but he's doing his job as a 4th line center taking face offs and hitting just fine in this season.

it's people like you who expect our 4th line center to produce like a second line forward that is the problem with cdc. It's flood with your kind here and the GWG is nothing more than just a slap on your face.

bye

#81 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

How is karma a bitch, we won, last I checked that's a good thing. I thought he played another sub par game, but I'm glad he got the shootout winner. Good for him. I used to be a Lappy fan, back when he played with passion,I've only stated that he's been playing poorly lately. Maybe that goal will give him some much needed confidence

your post is just like you. You can't even quote something correctly, let alone analyzing how our players are playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.