The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eklund Speculates on a 'Major Deal' ...Canucks?

Eklund's (who's not the best source out there, but does get some of the Eastern deals right the past while) has posted 3 times about a 'massive/major' deal. See his latest quote:

"Also, regarding major rumored deal from before.. The deal involves a team out west and a team in the southeast..."

and

"A player once thought would NEVER be moved"

All 3 posts the past few days have been surrounding this claim. If all indications are right, rumors are the 'west' team is either San Jose or Vancouver and the Southeast team is TB or Washington, who are in need of some changes. Names in the mix are Luongo, Ballard, Kesler (VAN), Marleau, Niemi (SJ), Lecavalier, Connolly (TB), Green, and ...the 'Great 8' Ovechkin (WSH).

More details from Eklund to come as the trade deadline day looms...

I see about none of this happening.

But I would poop a lot if Lecavalier, Marleau, Green or Ovechkin were to end up here.

But that probably has more to do with the raisin bran and beans I eat than the trades that won't happen.

As HFBoard posters mention yesterday, It's Crosby for Bozak and a 2nd. There's only 3 NHL players with "worldwide" attention. Worldwide for Eklund could be anything, just Eklund pumping up the dead deadline as it and the NHL draft are suppose to be their "main" events.

More fortune teller stuff. It's so vague that you could make it about anyone, and then when something happens that matches it he can say he was in the know.

At least some of his rumours have more substance than this one - I certainly won't get excited that we've acquired Bjugstad for Luongo or anything.

And who of those players was rumoured to "never be moved"? Kesler and Ovi maybe? Everyone else seems like they're fair game.

Just to say there is any truth and reliability to this for the fun of it (which i highly doubt) 1. No chance it's with the Jets because they will be in our division next year with the re-alignment 2. Highly doubt its with the Panthers becasue well quit frankly we've made too many moves with them already. 3. Which leaves the Lightning, Canes, and Caps..2 of the 3 need a goalie long term...Canes need one now with Ward injury but wont move any major asset.

Eklund hasnt reported much of anything in months,so that last post was the last straw for me even entertaining his site.

SE is full of teams dumping players,so thats a easy cover. Saying its a Western team trading with them is even more easy to say since its obvious a Western team will make a trade with that division. I bet the next clue is going to be "Its the Panthers"!

Archived