The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eklund Speculates on a 'Major Deal' ...Canucks?

I think the Canucks should see if there's a way to get some picks in the upcoming draft for Lou.

It's really tough to dump salary without taking some back, but I really believe there will be some generational players in the first 2 rounds of this year's draft.

Washington would really benefit from a goalie like Lou, as would Tampa.

The numbers look bad for many teams league wide starting next year, so if he isn't dealt soon, he could end up as a buyout. :(

Step up and show some balls Gillis like other elite teams GM's seem to do. They recognize its time to win now so they go for it.

I would take Vinny or St Louis. Either would be a good fit with Kes, they get their fair share of assists and are good playmakers who can also pot goals.

In no way I am convinced that Ovi would do anything but put in the lackluster effort he has over the last couple of seasons, regardless of where he is. He would, imo, immediately destroy any chemistry in the locker room and send this team in the same direction as the Caps. He is, without question, a one man show

I can guarantee you that Ovi would play better in change of scenery and return to becoming the greatest player.

If the Caps would take some salary back; Ballard & Booth, we can sweeten the pot with 2 or 3 first round picks.

They won't need Booth this year because the Caps are not making the playoffs.

Ovi with the Sedins or Kesler would be dynamite

I can guarantee you that Ovi would play better in change of scenery and return to becoming the greatest player.

If the Caps would take some salary back; Ballard & Booth, we can sweeten the pot with 2 or 3 first round picks.

Playing with guys like the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows could probably get him back to form. Also getting him out of a leadership role might get him back to the basics. I am not saying I think a trade for him is ideal, or even possible, but the thought of it is really interesting.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Ovi- - Kesler

The only thing missing from that is a playmaking center like Nielsen/Ribeiro and it becomes the absolute best top 6 in the nhl.

Playing with guys like the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows could probably get him back to form. Also getting him out of a leadership role might get him back to the basics. I am not saying I think a trade for him is ideal, or even possible, but the thought of it is really interesting.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Ovi- - Kesler

The only thing missing from that is a playmaking center like Nielsen/Ribeiro and it becomes the absolute best top 6 in the nhl.

Archived