Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Tortorella

Canucks games with infants question!

37 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

My mom won a pair of tickets to tomorrows game vs columbus and gave them to me as a present. Id love to take the wife except we have a 8 month old and dont have any ear canceling headphones. After calling around they are around 40-50$ and as a student I cannot afford to purchase them.

Im wondering if anyone can lend me their pair for their infant if we pay a deposit to ensure their safe return. If need be we would rent them from you!

I know this is crazy but i would really like to take the wife and kid and its last minute and we can not find a baby sitter. From one canucks fan to another let me know if you can lend/rent! Thanks alot!

If Wal-Mart carries them - buy them, use them tomorrow, and then return them. Wal-Mart will return anything without question.

I am not kidding.

If I had a pair though- I would rent them to you.

Ask your mom to take care of the child. Or a friend or anyone you can trust.

If Wal-Mart carries them - buy them, use them tomorrow, and then return them. Wal-Mart will return anything without question.

I am not kidding.

If I had a pair though- I would rent them to you.

Collect some bottles, return them, boom money!

Honestly bringing a 8 month old to a game would probably be more trouble than its worth. I've taken a 2 year old before but 8 month old will not gain anything from the experience and you'll probably have to trade off with each other to watch the kid. It sucks you can't find a babysitter. A suggestion is someone stays home(it is just a hockey game) and takes care of the kid and the other gets to spend some time with their friend and take a break from watching the kid.

Heck since it sounds like your a starving student with a kid you might want to consider selling those tickets to someone and saving the money!

Just a hockey game? I havnt been to a game in 5 years. My mom lives 3 hr away past whistler. Ill check wallmart but if i remember from my search for them for a giants game they had none.

Im not a starving student. Im taking accounting, every smart person knows food is your first thing you spend money on.

Why are you worried? We have the quietist arena in the league anyways.

Bringing an 8 month old to a nucks game... then over to BC place for a tractor pull ending with a night cap at the local sports bar right?

I don't understand why people take their baby/infants to a hockey game. It is not the place for a baby/infant and is inconsiderate to the people around them.

Bringing an 8 month old to a nucks game... then over to BC place for a tractor pull ending with a night cap at the local sports bar right?

Try to find some silicone ear plugs from the drug store. They are meant for swimmers, and don't go into the ear canal, so they shouldn't bother the baby too much. I got them for my kid for motorcycling because his ear canals are too small for foam ear plugs.

Thanks sno chick!

Bromg my kid to a game cause i can? I brought her to free scrimmage game at 5 momths and she loved it. I didnt go to my first game till i was 11. I plan to have hockey in her life more then that! If it really bothered people then rogers arena would have a policy against it i figure

Im not the uptight dad either. If baby wasnt coming i would get drunk and be abnoxious :P

Lol i would never take my kid to a hockey game before the age of 4-5. Their first hockey game should be a special memory. Nothing remembered at 8 months. Sell the tickets, put the money in a savings account. When u can organize a baby sitter, go watch another game with the money u have to purchase a new set of tickets...

After all... It is Columbus

Like someone pointed out, it's more troublesome to bring them. Find a trusted person to take care of them.