Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DSVII

Do we owe AV an apology?

246 posts in this topic

We haven't been all that convincing. Thankfully our goaltending has been better than the other team's.

Meh, I've always thought he was a good regular season coach but not a good playoff one.

I'm on record as saying:

If AV wins a cup with Vancouver, I will declare him the greatest Canucks coach ever.

I still stand by that statement. Until then I say he's a good coach, not a great coach.

No.

Although there are some on here who will jump straight back into his pants after any sort of winning streak. I'll reserve my judgement for now.

No.

The difference lately has been Cory's goaltending.

The regular seasons have been good, no one can deny that when you look at the numbers (and they are impressive, certainly).

However....I continually have these thoughts niggling at me in the back of my mind that with the team we have and the style of coaching AV employs that we may not be getting the most milage out of our players as we might. As Vigneault has stated numerous times himself he is a 'hands off' type coach that prefers to let his boys figure things out for themselves...and that is great, up to a certain point.

That point would appear to be the playoffs. I've watched the Canucks struggle mightily in a number of area's during the post-season even when playing with a completely stacked team (Chicago almost toppling us after coming back to make it to game 7 comes to mind). In these cases I think Vancouver needs a more vocal and hands on coach that can pull the team up by its bootstraps and motivate when we seem to get in one of those funks.

No need to owe anyone an apology if you don't flip out and call for the guy being fired after every loss.

Maybe some of you freakazoids.

Never once did I blame anything on him

I'd like to see ruff handle a lineup this depleted and come up with a 4 game winning streak

Good of you to admit all that OP. I almost find it comical how everyone goes schizo over AV when the team is struggling. Yah, AV makes some mistakes but he is certainly not the only one. And it isn't part of his strategy to have average goaltending or awful defensive breakdowns. There's so much, as fans, that we don't see or know about....yet everyone is calling for his head during a rough patch. I guess that's just how it goes in a hockey crazy market.

said it before and il say it again .. hes the best coach for the circumstance we are in this year .. he just doesnt do as well with a high offence team ,, he can grind and eak out low scoring wins like he did the first year .. give him talent and he doesnt change from that style ..

avs boy boy boy what a fisasco this avs coach is can be yes he is a predident yes once yes twice avs only can chew his gums now once boom the kesler and booth are injured yes he says yes do win fourth times yes they do it avs yes he says that does not make avs a good coach avs can not excite and canuck need a new coah yes they do.