#1 DSVII

DSVII

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

POPULAR

A lot of us have been calling for AV's head the last few weeks, but considering the roster we've iced for the last few games, i'm mighty impressed that we've pulled this latest streak together (although that does come with stellar play by Schneids.)

But considering we've taken the Northwest division back with this roster, it's quite impressive.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Chris Higgins
Mason Raymond - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen
Andrew Gordon - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Sestito
Andrew Ebbett - Alex Burrows

Kevin Bieksa - Andrew Alberts
Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison
Chris Tanev - Cam Barker

And to those of us who thought AV may have lost the room, the team has adapted well to AV's readjustment to their game (the *%*%ing dump/change and grinding style, which is boring but in this case it's paying off). Not only that, should we also give AV credit for placing Hansen in a situation where he's having a breakout year this year?

I've been on the 'fire AV' bandwagon for a while, but I'll admit I've been impressed by this stretch of games the past two weeks.

For now at least, I'll bite my tongue and say I was wrong about AV. But I just don't know if we can go all the way with him.

"The Canucks, are like North America, many of us have it so much better than others around the world or NHL, and we don't properly appreciate what we have."

"If Canucks fans hate Mason Raymond so bad, then you should have said something before the trade deadline! Because the Leafs would have totally taken him. I mean, can he score? Can he play a HINT of defense? WE'LL TAKE HIM! WE'LL TAKE TWO!"

- Steve Dangle (Leafs Fan Reaction - youtube)

#2 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

We haven't been all that convincing. Thankfully our goaltending has been better than the other team's.
Posted Image

#3 Outsiders

Outsiders

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

yes and no

Henrik_zpsc429e72e.jpg

:canucks: Henrik Sedin Captain Of Your Vancouver Canucks #33 :canucks:

!!!Credit To - Parise11 for the Awesome Signature!!!

#4 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Meh, I've always thought he was a good regular season coach but not a good playoff one.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

POPULAR

No.

Outstanding goaltending by Schneider. We would have been blown out in the first period vs the blues if it wasn't for cory.

He finally put schroeder back with hansen and raymond after demoting him to the 4th line where he would have trouble producing with 2 scrubs and then sending him to the ahl. AV's a complete tool.

#6 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm on record as saying:

If AV wins a cup with Vancouver, I will declare him the greatest Canucks coach ever.

I still stand by that statement. Until then I say he's a good coach, not a great coach.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#7 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

No.

Although there are some on here who will jump straight back into his pants after any sort of winning streak. I'll reserve my judgement for now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

No.

The difference lately has been Cory's goaltending.

#9 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

The regular seasons have been good, no one can deny that when you look at the numbers (and they are impressive, certainly).

However....I continually have these thoughts niggling at me in the back of my mind that with the team we have and the style of coaching AV employs that we may not be getting the most milage out of our players as we might. As Vigneault has stated numerous times himself he is a 'hands off' type coach that prefers to let his boys figure things out for themselves...and that is great, up to a certain point.

That point would appear to be the playoffs. I've watched the Canucks struggle mightily in a number of area's during the post-season even when playing with a completely stacked team (Chicago almost toppling us after coming back to make it to game 7 comes to mind). In these cases I think Vancouver needs a more vocal and hands on coach that can pull the team up by its bootstraps and motivate when we seem to get in one of those funks.

#10 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Nope

#11 lumberman

lumberman

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

POPULAR

AV owes us an apology!

1- not playing Hodgsen enough to keep him interested in staying here, plus slaming him about pain threshold
2-playing Schroeder and other offensive youngsters on the 4th line
3-Garrison not on pwrplay til 20 + games
4-giving Edler all the minutes inspite of his miscues
5-having a pwrplay that in the last three yrs is sinking like a led zepplin

I could go on, but what's the point, he wins and that's the bottom line, is it not?
Posted Image

#12 lumberman

lumberman

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

POPULAR

AV owes us an apology!

1- not playing Hodgsen enough to keep him interested in staying here, plus slaming him about pain threshold
2-playing Schroeder and other offensive youngsters on the 4th line
3-Garrison not on pwrplay til 20 + games
4-giving Edler all the minutes inspite of his miscues
5-having a pwrplay that in the last three yrs is sinking like a led zepplin

I could go on, but what's the point, he wins and that's the bottom line, is it not?
Posted Image

#13 klosetotheheart

klosetotheheart

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

POPULAR

AV's numbers in Vancouver speak for themselves. He has iced a competitive team and won several NW division straight since he came here.

People always try to find someone to blame for a team losing, sometimes things just dont go your way. Not a lot of teams could survive losing a player of Kesler's caliber for basically the last 2 years (never had time to get back to normal when he was playing) and still be competing for the division.

Not to mention all the other injuries. Also he has 5-7m tied up in a back up that most teams would have helping their roster. I think AV deserves a lot more respect then a lot of "fans" give him

#14 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

No need to owe anyone an apology if you don't flip out and call for the guy being fired after every loss.

RIP LB RR PD

#15 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I don't because I haven't been whining about him.
Posted Image

#16 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Maybe some of you freakazoids.

Never once did I blame anything on him

I'd like to see ruff handle a lineup this depleted and come up with a 4 game winning streak
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#17 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

No doesn't. Not a chance. A.V knows more about hockey then all of us do.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#18 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Good of you to admit all that OP. I almost find it comical how everyone goes schizo over AV when the team is struggling. Yah, AV makes some mistakes but he is certainly not the only one. And it isn't part of his strategy to have average goaltending or awful defensive breakdowns. There's so much, as fans, that we don't see or know about....yet everyone is calling for his head during a rough patch. I guess that's just how it goes in a hockey crazy market.
Posted Image

#19 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

said it before and il say it again .. hes the best coach for the circumstance we are in this year .. he just doesnt do as well with a high offence team ,, he can grind and eak out low scoring wins like he did the first year .. give him talent and he doesnt change from that style ..

#20 Saniel Dedin

Saniel Dedin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

avs boy boy boy what a fisasco this avs coach is can be yes he is a predident yes once yes twice avs only can chew his gums now once boom the kesler and booth are injured yes he says yes do win fourth times yes they do it avs yes he says that does not make avs a good coach avs can not excite and canuck need a new coah yes they do.

Edited by Saniel Dedin, 25 March 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Free Saniel Dedins Siblings!!!
http://forum.canucks...-saniel-dedins/
Go go go!!!

#21 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

why did we trade Rome?.........give your head a shake MG...
AV would have him with the Twins tearing SHhtuff up right now......
AV rock we got win streak... can't wait till we lose so i can get my online petition rolled out to have AV, MG, Twinz, KeslOr, Edlr, Lu...no cory... no lu... no cory.......no Luuuuuu Fired, fired, Traded, traded, traded, waved, traded (for crosby), bought out, Traded for Tavares, given away for a bacon cheddar bagel.

I hate you haters... I love me Nucks.
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#22 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hell no.

Cory Schneider is the reason for the current win streak.

Also, av is the idiot who put Schroeder on the 4th line even though almost everybody on CDC had been saying that Schroeder should've been left on the 2nd line. av finally does it weeks later and look at the results

av is still an idiot.

Posted Image

#23 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

avs boy boy boy what a fisasco this avs coach is can be yes he is a predident yes once yes twice avs only can chew his gums now once boom the kesler and booth are injured yes he says yes do win fourth times yes they do it avs yes he says that does not make avs a good coach avs can not excite and canuck need a new coah yes they do.[attachment=8875:avs.png]

Why can so many CDC poster not so be eloquent like your?
Posted Image

#24 ey40

ey40

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

His job is to win hockey games, I don't see why I need to apologize when he is doing his job. I still think that if we exit in the first round, or worst don't even make the Playoffs, he should be let go of his duty.

Edited by ey40, 25 March 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#25 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

I don't because I haven't been whining about him.

Agreed
Posted Image

#26 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

For what? Because they've won 4 in a row with a makeshift AHL roster?

I wouldn't go so far as to apologize. But I'll give credit where credit is due. He and the team have handled all the negative pressure with class and dignity, and the team certainly doesn't have the look of one that's tuned out its' coach.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23 and...

#27 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

A lot of us have been calling for AV's head the last few weeks, but considering the roster we've iced for the last few games, i'm mighty impressed that we've pulled this latest streak together (although that does come with stellar play by Schneids.)

But considering we've taken the Northwest division back with this roster, it's quite impressive.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Chris Higgins
Mason Raymond - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen
Andrew Gordon - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Sestito
Andrew Ebbett - Alex Burrows

Kevin Bieksa - Andrew Alberts
Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison
Chris Tanev - Cam Barker

And to those of us who thought AV may have lost the room, the team has adapted well to AV's readjustment to their game (the *%*%ing dump/change and grinding style, which is boring but in this case it's paying off). Not only that, should we also give AV credit for placing Hansen in a situation where he's having a breakout year this year?

I've been on the 'fire AV' bandwagon for a while, but I'll admit I've been impressed by this stretch of games the past two weeks.

For now at least, I'll bite my tongue and say I was wrong about AV. But I just don't know if we can go all the way with him.

He's dammed if we win and he's dammed if we lose... nothing good about this team is ever due to AV.

yet everything that goes wrong is a result of AV's horrible coaching style... or how he gets out-coached... or how he has lost the room... or how he ruins all the prospects... If only we didn't have AV here we would have won back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back Stanley Cups.
Posted Image

#28 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Meh, I've always thought he was a good regular season coach but not a good playoff one.

LOL... Luongo?

#29 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

He's dammed if we win and he's dammed if we lose... nothing good about this team is ever due to AV.

yet everything that goes wrong is a result of AV's horrible coaching style... or how he gets out-coached... or how he has lost the room... or how he ruins all the prospects... If only we didn't have AV here we would have won back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back Stanley Cups.

Your starting to understand.

#30 kylecanuck

kylecanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

POPULAR

No AV does not deserve an appology, what has he done?

The argument when they where loosing was it wasn't his fault because he isn't hands on and lets the team do their own thing.

Now that they are winning it's because of his smarts??

So what instead of putting Ballard at 4+ in the press box, he uses him as O on a very depleted forward lineup? Well crap what took him so long?

AV is a egotistical fool who has difficult adapting and changing(line juggling doesn't mean adapting it means confused)

This guy has to go and I pray it's soon
The children, wont someone please think of the children!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.