The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we owe AV an apology?

DSVII

A lot of us have been calling for AV's head the last few weeks, but considering the roster we've iced for the last few games, i'm mighty impressed that we've pulled this latest streak together (although that does come with stellar play by Schneids.)

But considering we've taken the Northwest division back with this roster, it's quite impressive.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Chris Higgins

Mason Raymond - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen

Andrew Gordon - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Sestito

Andrew Ebbett - Alex Burrows

Kevin Bieksa - Andrew Alberts

Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison

Chris Tanev - Cam Barker

And to those of us who thought AV may have lost the room, the team has adapted well to AV's readjustment to their game (the *%*%ing dump/change and grinding style, which is boring but in this case it's paying off). Not only that, should we also give AV credit for placing Hansen in a situation where he's having a breakout year this year?

I've been on the 'fire AV' bandwagon for a while, but I'll admit I've been impressed by this stretch of games the past two weeks.

For now at least, I'll bite my tongue and say I was wrong about AV. But I just don't know if we can go all the way with him.

No.

Outstanding goaltending by Schneider. We would have been blown out in the first period vs the blues if it wasn't for cory.

He finally put schroeder back with hansen and raymond after demoting him to the 4th line where he would have trouble producing with 2 scrubs and then sending him to the ahl. AV's a complete tool.

The regular seasons have been good, no one can deny that when you look at the numbers (and they are impressive, certainly).

However....I continually have these thoughts niggling at me in the back of my mind that with the team we have and the style of coaching AV employs that we may not be getting the most milage out of our players as we might. As Vigneault has stated numerous times himself he is a 'hands off' type coach that prefers to let his boys figure things out for themselves...and that is great, up to a certain point.

That point would appear to be the playoffs. I've watched the Canucks struggle mightily in a number of area's during the post-season even when playing with a completely stacked team (Chicago almost toppling us after coming back to make it to game 7 comes to mind). In these cases I think Vancouver needs a more vocal and hands on coach that can pull the team up by its bootstraps and motivate when we seem to get in one of those funks.

AV owes us an apology!

1- not playing Hodgsen enough to keep him interested in staying here, plus slaming him about pain threshold

2-playing Schroeder and other offensive youngsters on the 4th line

3-Garrison not on pwrplay til 20 + games

4-giving Edler all the minutes inspite of his miscues

5-having a pwrplay that in the last three yrs is sinking like a led zepplin

I could go on, but what's the point, he wins and that's the bottom line, is it not?

AV owes us an apology!

1- not playing Hodgsen enough to keep him interested in staying here, plus slaming him about pain threshold

2-playing Schroeder and other offensive youngsters on the 4th line

3-Garrison not on pwrplay til 20 + games

4-giving Edler all the minutes inspite of his miscues

5-having a pwrplay that in the last three yrs is sinking like a led zepplin

I could go on, but what's the point, he wins and that's the bottom line, is it not?

AV's numbers in Vancouver speak for themselves. He has iced a competitive team and won several NW division straight since he came here.

People always try to find someone to blame for a team losing, sometimes things just dont go your way. Not a lot of teams could survive losing a player of Kesler's caliber for basically the last 2 years (never had time to get back to normal when he was playing) and still be competing for the division.

Not to mention all the other injuries. Also he has 5-7m tied up in a back up that most teams would have helping their roster. I think AV deserves a lot more respect then a lot of "fans" give him

Good of you to admit all that OP. I almost find it comical how everyone goes schizo over AV when the team is struggling. Yah, AV makes some mistakes but he is certainly not the only one. And it isn't part of his strategy to have average goaltending or awful defensive breakdowns. There's so much, as fans, that we don't see or know about....yet everyone is calling for his head during a rough patch. I guess that's just how it goes in a hockey crazy market.

said it before and il say it again .. hes the best coach for the circumstance we are in this year .. he just doesnt do as well with a high offence team ,, he can grind and eak out low scoring wins like he did the first year .. give him talent and he doesnt change from that style ..

avs boy boy boy what a fisasco this avs coach is can be yes he is a predident yes once yes twice avs only can chew his gums now once boom the kesler and booth are injured yes he says yes do win fourth times yes they do it avs yes he says that does not make avs a good coach avs can not excite and canuck need a new coah yes they do.

Archived