The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we owe AV an apology?

DSVII

I don't owe AV an apology because I have supported the winningest coach in Canuck history since day 1. Yes you are right in that he has done well in spite of not having a complete team to work with.

All I can say is 'thanks to the heavens that CDC is not running this team' and yes AV can take this team all the way when everyone is healthy and the 'trades' have been competed and the holes are plugged.

Do I think that this is our year....no I don't. You can't win a Cup with a box of bandaids. This is the year to get the trades done and restock the prospect pool as well as get a top 6 forward who can score and become cap compliant for next season when we can come out and play 'guns brazin' Canuck hockey.

I'd settle for 2008.

But I know that he's not truly an NHL calibre coach. I have since before he was hired. I can't in all honesty cheer for this team with him as the coach, knowing we will never win. It's too heartbreaking.

Maybe I am the only one around here thinking this, but I think that the Canucks have been so bad on the powerplay because they are intentionally holding stuff back. The last few seasons teams got too good a look at what our powerplay was doing and they were able to shut it down in the playoffs. This year we are keeping it under wraps and when they break it out in the playoffs teams will have no reference point or video clips and they'll be like yo what is going on here? It's the black ops stuff, dirty tricks y'know.

All the AV haters are tools. The only way you guys will learn is if you have to learn the hard way and unfortunately for me (As a Canucks fan) I'll probably end up having to tag along for the ride because of all you babies who think you have all the answers and whine relentlessly, it's pure foolishness.

With all the injuries we've sustained and the fact we are still dealing with the whole "two goalies in the crease" controversy, I think we've played very well. We have put together 5 straight to redeem ourselves and are headed in a good direction, if we were out of playoff contention then I could understand the hate directed towards the coach. But we're not, so just do everyone a favour and shut up about it already. :mellow:

Also I want to say that ever since Vigneault got here, it's been about accountability and earning your spot, so when people say, Schroeder is the best fit for 2c (which I say), and Garrison should be on the top powerplay (which I also say), that doesn't mean those guys just go there automatically, they're new guys and they need to play well and earn it, earlier they weren't playing so well as they are now, Schroeder wasn't producing offence and got sent down and played on the fourth line, came back, started playing better and now he's right where he ought to be. That's not something to harangue the coach about, that is good coaching and what we are seeing now is the result. Same with Garrison, early in the season he wasn't figuring it out, was out of position, making bad reads, but he's been steadily improving and now he's where he should be.

Vigneault has always been good at shuffling the lines around to make it work, and that's a skill that really comes into play when you have lots of guys missing games, being in and out of the lineup. He's a steady hand, a low-key guy with a good sense of humour, that is important around here with all the outrageous BS that goes on. He fits so well in this situation, I don't understand how people can go after Vigneault.

I've seen this a fair amount around the boards and I just have to point out that this would include the time that the Canucks came to within a game of the ultimate goal.

Had the coach been let go immediately after coming that close, with half of his roster either out or playing injured, the Canucks would have been the absolute laughingstock of the professional sporting world.

If you can't give Vigneualt any credit for taking the team that far, then you truly are a hater and no amount of facts or common sense is going to make a bit of difference.

- Still never pulls Luongo. Can't recognize when a goalie is going to have a bad game until it's too late. That Detroit blowout, I saw Luongo was shaky after the first 2 goals, and a few saves that he made look hard. Goalies have bad days. AV should know when to pull him

Jesus no kidding... at least give him a mercy pull when he's having an off game and the team is having an off year. Im pretty sure Patrick Roy had the same kind of game once and he vowed to never play for the franchise ever again. Imagine how Lou feels when he cant hold back the onslaught and the Gum chewing a-hole on the bench wont pull him.

There are some posters here that have slagged,hounded and crucified Vigneault to no end.

With Easter upon us perhaps they can see that even heir redemption is possible,should they see the error of their ignorance and intransigence.

Then again,they will probably just continue frothing and baiting other CDC'ers in their hatred.Such is life.

Archived