The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we owe AV an apology?

DSVII

I don't. But the hundreds (maybe thousands) of idiots on here who nitpick every little thing and find it easy to blame AV for anything and everything that goes wrong, or for every player that doesn't become a superstar...hell, yeah, you owe him an apology. Winning 5 games period with this lineup should be applauded, winning 5 in a row is a miracle.

And anyone who even hinted that Lindy Ruff should be brought in to replace AV owes him 2 apologies.

Some really knee jerk angry posters. AV is an elite coach and this last stretch he has demonstrated it again. When things were bad and all these posters and media had panic mode running he said that the team was more or less playing well that things will turn around in short order. Stayed calm and positive - that is big time leadership skill. As many posters' comments show most just start pointing fingers and abandoning ship when faced with adversity. AV is still young and when it is all said and done I can see him with a cup. He is well respected around the league amongst players and coaches. He's only ever coached in big time markets.

A lot of us have been calling for AV's head the last few weeks, but considering the roster we've iced for the last few games, i'm mighty impressed that we've pulled this latest streak together (although that does come with stellar play by Schneids.)

But considering we've taken the Northwest division back with this roster, it's quite impressive.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Chris Higgins

Mason Raymond - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen

Andrew Gordon - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Sestito

Andrew Ebbett - Alex Burrows

Kevin Bieksa - Andrew Alberts

Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison

Chris Tanev - Cam Barker

And to those of us who thought AV may have lost the room, the team has adapted well to AV's readjustment to their game (the *%*%ing dump/change and grinding style, which is boring but in this case it's paying off). Not only that, should we also give AV credit for placing Hansen in a situation where he's having a breakout year this year?

I've been on the 'fire AV' bandwagon for a while, but I'll admit I've been impressed by this stretch of games the past two weeks.

For now at least, I'll bite my tongue and say I was wrong about AV. But I just don't know if we can go all the way with him.

yah if they' aren't playing well they have two options 1.the fourth line and 2.the farm team... he ended up on the farm to which you say makes sense... so in other words the coaching staff did exactly what you think they should have done. What the hell are you arguing about? And to top it off it worked and now he's back... not on the 4th line... on the 2nd line because he is playing like he should be there.

Sounds like a coaching win to me... a well handled developing player.

From all of us at CDC, we would collectively like to extend our sincerest, most heartfelt apologies to you AV, for misjudging you and for ever having doubted you. We would also like to express our gratitude and appreciation for all you have done for the team. We wouldnt be in the great position we are now in if it wasnt for your tireless efforts and dedication.

A lot of us have been calling for AV's head the last few weeks, but considering the roster we've iced for the last few games, i'm mighty impressed that we've pulled this latest streak together (although that does come with stellar play by Schneids.)

But considering we've taken the Northwest division back with this roster, it's quite impressive.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Chris Higgins

Mason Raymond - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen

Andrew Gordon - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Sestito

Andrew Ebbett - Alex Burrows

Kevin Bieksa - Andrew Alberts

Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison

Chris Tanev - Cam Barker

And to those of us who thought AV may have lost the room, the team has adapted well to AV's readjustment to their game (the *%*%ing dump/change and grinding style, which is boring but in this case it's paying off). Not only that, should we also give AV credit for placing Hansen in a situation where he's having a breakout year this year?

I've been on the 'fire AV' bandwagon for a while, but I'll admit I've been impressed by this stretch of games the past two weeks.

For now at least, I'll bite my tongue and say I was wrong about AV. But I just don't know if we can go all the way with him.

There are some posters here that have slagged,hounded and crucified Vigneault to no end.

With Easter upon us perhaps they can see that even heir redemption is possible,should they see the error of their ignorance and intransigence.

Then again,they will probably just continue frothing and baiting other CDC'ers in their hatred.Such is life.

Isn't it convenient to take the first line of my post completely out of context? I followed that up by saying he also deserves credit with the criticism. My point was the exact opposite of what you attributed to me. I was saying that it bothers me when people say he is totally to blame or totally blameless. I suggest you work on your reading comprehension before you call me a "hater".

Jesus no kidding...  at least give him a mercy pull when he's having an off game and the team is having an off year.  Im pretty sure Patrick Roy had the same kind of game once and he vowed to never play for the franchise ever again.  Imagine how Lou feels when he cant hold back the onslaught and the Gum chewing a-hole on the bench wont pull him.

You said that he has needed to be replaced for "a few years" now, did you not?

That clearly includes the period of time where he took the team to the best record in franchise history and within a game of the Stanley Cup. I think it's you who have the comprehension problem.

AV was outcoached against Chicago and Boston in 2011 pretty badly. We managed to squeak by Chicago and Boston was a tragedy that wasn't all AV's fault, of course, but he was outcoached.

Regardless, I personally don't think he's a bad coach, I think he's a very good one but it's time to move on. The Sedins are stagnant, our powerplay is dead and we are just predictable to our biggest opponents. I prefer a coach that uses a players strength (like Babcock) over forcing a player to be what he isn't and deemed a failure if he can't adapt to such a role.

Also, I too believe in players having to earn their icetime, but it's obvious that isn't the whole room. Some players will never get demoted no matter how bad they play and others are one small slip-up to being benched.

So yes, I applaud AV for getting our team to a competitive level and injecting some pride into our joke of a franchise at the time, but I really wish we had a playoff coach when his work was done.

Archived