The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we owe AV an apology?

DSVII

why did we trade Rome?.........give your head a shake MG...

AV would have him with the Twins tearing SHhtuff up right now......

AV rock we got win streak... can't wait till we lose so i can get my online petition rolled out to have AV, MG, Twinz, KeslOr, Edlr, Lu...no cory... no lu... no cory.......no Luuuuuu Fired, fired, Traded, traded, traded, waved, traded (for crosby), bought out, Traded for Tavares, given away for a bacon cheddar bagel.

I hate you haters... I love me Nucks.

Hell no.

Cory Schneider is the reason for the current win streak.

Also, av is the idiot who put Schroeder on the 4th line even though almost everybody on CDC had been saying that Schroeder should've been left on the 2nd line. av finally does it weeks later and look at the results

av is still an idiot.

avs boy boy boy what a fisasco this avs coach is can be yes he is a predident yes once yes twice avs only can chew his gums now once boom the kesler and booth are injured yes he says yes do win fourth times yes they do it avs yes he says that does not make avs a good coach avs can not excite and canuck need a new coah yes they do.

His job is to win hockey games, I don't see why I need to apologize when he is doing his job. I still think that if we exit in the first round, or worst don't even make the Playoffs, he should be let go of his duty.

For what? Because they've won 4 in a row with a makeshift AHL roster?

I wouldn't go so far as to apologize. But I'll give credit where credit is due. He and the team have handled all the negative pressure with class and dignity, and the team certainly doesn't have the look of one that's tuned out its' coach.

A lot of us have been calling for AV's head the last few weeks, but considering the roster we've iced for the last few games, i'm mighty impressed that we've pulled this latest streak together (although that does come with stellar play by Schneids.)

But considering we've taken the Northwest division back with this roster, it's quite impressive.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Chris Higgins

Mason Raymond - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen

Andrew Gordon - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Sestito

Andrew Ebbett - Alex Burrows

Kevin Bieksa - Andrew Alberts

Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison

Chris Tanev - Cam Barker

And to those of us who thought AV may have lost the room, the team has adapted well to AV's readjustment to their game (the *%*%ing dump/change and grinding style, which is boring but in this case it's paying off). Not only that, should we also give AV credit for placing Hansen in a situation where he's having a breakout year this year?

I've been on the 'fire AV' bandwagon for a while, but I'll admit I've been impressed by this stretch of games the past two weeks.

For now at least, I'll bite my tongue and say I was wrong about AV. But I just don't know if we can go all the way with him.

He's dammed if we win and he's dammed if we lose... nothing good about this team is ever due to AV.

yet everything that goes wrong is a result of AV's horrible coaching style... or how he gets out-coached... or how he has lost the room... or how he ruins all the prospects... If only we didn't have AV here we would have won back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back Stanley Cups.

No AV does not deserve an appology, what has he done?

The argument when they where loosing was it wasn't his fault because he isn't hands on and lets the team do their own thing.

Now that they are winning it's because of his smarts??

So what instead of putting Ballard at 4+ in the press box, he uses him as O on a very depleted forward lineup? Well crap what took him so long?

AV is a egotistical fool who has difficult adapting and changing(line juggling doesn't mean adapting it means confused)

This guy has to go and I pray it's soon

He's dammed if we win and he's dammed if we lose... nothing good about this team is ever due to AV.

yet everything that goes wrong is a result of AV's horrible coaching style... or how he gets out-coached... or how he has lost the room... or how he ruins all the prospects... If only we didn't have AV here we would have won back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back Stanley Cups.

Hell no.

Cory Schneider is the reason for the current win streak.

Also, av is the idiot who put Schroeder on the 4th line even though almost everybody on CDC had been saying that Schroeder should've been left on the 2nd line. av finally does it weeks later and look at the results

av is still an idiot.

The people who do this sort of reactionary, mindless criticism, the Gallaghers and the Botchfords and the people who follow them like they're the pied piper, they don't have the awareness or the sense to apologize. I give Vigneault a ton of credit for what he's done this season, it's a horrendously difficult situation having no training camp or a decent amount of practice time, dealing with all these injuries and the compressed schedule, any coach who is doing even a half-decent job in these circumstances deserves a ton of credit. Look how even the teams coached by Babcock, Tortorella, Hitchcock, and Laviolette, some of the best coaches in the game, even those guys are struggling with this unorthodox season. These critics have no decent sense and just lash out at the first person who comes to mind. They're the sorts who've been all over Luongo, Bieksa, Raymond, and others, the sorts who just want to bash somebody, they aren't real fans at all, they have zero patience and the memory of a goldfish.

If these people would just shut up for a season it'd be the equivalent of adding a twenty-goal scorer from how much the atmosphere around the Canucks would improve.

The people who do this sort of reactionary, mindless criticism, the Gallaghers and the Botchfords and the people who follow them like they're the pied piper, they don't have the awareness or the sense to apologize. I give Vigneault a ton of credit for what he's done this season, it's a horrendously difficult situation having no training camp or a decent amount of practice time, dealing with all these injuries and the compressed schedule, any coach who is doing even a half-decent job in these circumstances deserves a ton of credit. Look how even the teams coached by Babcock, Tortorella, Hitchcock, and Laviolette, some of the best coaches in the game, even those guys are struggling with this unorthodox season. These critics have no decent sense and just lash out at the first person who comes to mind. They're the sorts who've been all over Luongo, Bieksa, Raymond, and others, the sorts who just want to bash somebody, they aren't real fans at all, they have zero patience and the memory of a goldfish.

If these people would just shut up for a season it'd be the equivalent of adding a twenty-goal scorer from how much the atmosphere around the Canucks would improve.

Archived