The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we owe AV an apology?

DSVII

So we owe him an apology for finally doing what us armchair coaches have been telling him to do for a month? Like putting Garrison on the 1st PP unit as the shooter. Or putting Schroeder back with Hansen and Raymond instead of on the 4th line with plugs.... And we owe him an apology for waiting until he had absolutely no other option before doing it?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.......

I am waiting to see what AV does now that his boy Edler is back (because Edler and Garrison together either 5 on 5 or on the 1st PP unit do not work at all). Also, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to demote Schroeder again once a few plugs are healthy.

No.

Outstanding goaltending by Schneider. We would have been blown out in the first period vs the blues if it wasn't for cory.

He finally put schroeder back with hansen and raymond after demoting him to the 4th line where he would have trouble producing with 2 scrubs and then sending him to the ahl. AV's a complete tool.

I love al the av gushing now in this thread after schnieder gets rolling and.the canucks win a couple lower scoring games. Puleeeze.

Lets see what everyone is saying in a month if the canucks start to go back the other way and we cant buy goals versus teams who are actual playoff threats.

I will never beleive that the canucks win the cup with av,. Just not gonna happen.

I love al the av gushing now in this thread after schnieder gets rolling and.the canucks win a couple low scoring games. Puleeeze.

Lets see what everyone is.sayingin a month if the canucks start to go back the other way.

I will never beleive that the canucks win the cup with av,. Just not.gonna happen.

Perhaps the side gushing and the side nitpicking are equally stupid?

Making definitive statements that you'll only make excuses for if they don't pan out is also stupid.

So Schneider got rolling...then it wasn't AV's fault; it was Schneiders?

If Cory isn't playing lights out, we lose those games.

No, I am not apologizing to anyone for an opinion and it doesn't make me (a fan since the 70's) a bloody bandwagoner or whatever term some of you are trying to crop up. You like AV and disagree, then fine. Go for it, but leave the generalizations at the door and debate like an adult.

I do not think AV is a bad coach, I just think he is better suited to getting a bad team to trap in a new city.

If Cory isn't playing lights out, we lose those games.

No, I am not apologizing to anyone for an opinion and it doesn't make me (a fan since the 70's) a bloody bandwagoner or whatever term some of you are trying to crop up. You like AV and disagree, then fine. Go for it, but leave the generalizations at the door and debate like an adult.

I do not think AV is a bad coach, I just think he is better suited to getting a bad team to trap in a new city.

So will you start giving him credit for doing those things now?

Schroeder played himself onto the 4th line before and then played himself onto the wolves. He got another chance and has played excellent since coming back. Unless you feel his play is the same as it was before. He's looked better for the entire time he's been back up. If you're going to be critical you also have to give credit.

Y'all ignorant fools have cost this team ten times more games putting all your negativity out there than Vigneault has since he was hired. He's an excellent coach who understands the value of defence and individual responsibility. How many people are there with their ropes tied to the back of the Canucks' bandwagon, digging their heels in, pulling with all their might to hold this team back, claiming to be fans? Refusing to root for the team properly until the coach is fired, or the goalie is traded, or this or that player is switched to this or that line, or the GM says what they themselves are thinking? Sack up and root for your team, or find one that you want to root for.

There is a black cloud hanging over this franchise, a poisonous atmosphere, ever since we lost the Finals. That should have been counted a success but fools have let it fester and rot, and defined it as a failure when it was our greatest achievement in almost two decades. We need to lance this boil, scour it and cauterize it before the rot gets any deeper and gets into any truly essential systems...we have been lucky so far, but it's time to be smart as well. When a successful team's own fans are actively rooting against it, the hockey gods will only tolerate that for so long. The end of last season is a taste of what we will all get for a main course, if y'all don't recognize your wrongs and repent what you're doing.

I think Schroeder has played better since his callup for sure......but that might have something to do with being able to play a completely different way with Hansen and Schroeder that fits in much better with his strengths as a player. I don't think he played himself onto the 4th line though. He was not any worse offensively or defensively than any of the players they put in to replace him in my opinion. So sending him to the 4th and then down was merely a sideways move as it turns out. Did it motivate him? I don't know but he looked motivated last time he was up too, but Sestito and Wiese are not exactly speedy snipers either though.

So we owe him an apology for finally doing what us armchair coaches have been telling him to do for a month? Like putting Garrison on the 1st PP unit as the shooter. Or putting Schroeder back with Hansen and Raymond instead of on the 4th line with plugs.... And we owe him an apology for waiting until he had absolutely no other option before doing it?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.......

I am waiting to see what AV does now that his boy Edler is back (because Edler and Garrison together either 5 on 5 or on the 1st PP unit do not work at all). Also, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to demote Schroeder again once a few plugs are healthy.

Y'all ignorant fools have cost this team ten times more games putting all your negativity out there than Vigneault has since he was hired. He's an excellent coach who understands the value of defence and individual responsibility. How many people are there with their ropes tied to the back of the Canucks' bandwagon, digging their heels in, pulling with all their might to hold this team back, claiming to be fans? Refusing to root for the team properly until the coach is fired, or the goalie is traded, or this or that player is switched to this or that line, or the GM says what they themselves are thinking? Sack up and root for your team, or find one that you want to root for.

There is a black cloud hanging over this franchise, a poisonous atmosphere, ever since we lost the Finals. That should have been counted a success but fools have let it fester and rot, and defined it as a failure when it was our greatest achievement in almost two decades. We need to lance this boil, scour it and cauterize it before the rot gets any deeper and gets into any truly essential systems...we have been lucky so far, but it's time to be smart as well. When a successful team's own fans are actively rooting against it, the hockey gods will only tolerate that for so long. The end of last season is a taste of what we will all get for a main course, if y'all don't recognize your wrongs and repent what you're doing.

Archived