The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kiprusoff to the Leafs

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger2h

Lots of twitter noise about Leafs interest in Kiprusoff as reported on TSN. Of course Leafs will inquire IF he's available. Due diligence.

aint no troll. lol. If it does happen i hope TO gets fleeced.

Kipprusoff is having a terrible season - his worst since he arrived in Calgary.

.873 sv % and hasn't looked any better of late.

I hope Feaster finally wins one at the Leafs expense.

Go for it Toronto. If you think this will drive the price down for Luongo, suck it. You're dreaming.

Go for it.

Kipper to TO for Gardiner and a 1st.

The Leafs don't need a goalie. They are going to make the playoffs with what they have.

But if they can get Kipper, someone to mentor Reimer for the next couple of years, for some like Gardiner, I'd say go for it.

Kipper wouldn't cost much more than that. At most they'd have to toss in a 2nd round pick.

That's a horrible deal.

Trade a 35 year old player (a great player, but with a contract that expires as a UFA) for a 24 year old promising goalie who could be qualified as an RFA next year?

I don't understand why the Flames want so much for Iginla. I could see if he had even one year on his contract left, but he doesn't. He's a rental player, and there's no guarantee he could be re-signed.

He's worth a 1st round draft pick or a 2nd round + 2nd tier prospect AT BEST. Any team that gives up a young roster player and a pick is giving up way too much....unless they can make the pick conditional under the agreement that Iginla signs with the new team.

That's a horrible deal.

Trade a 35 year old player (a great player, but with a contract that expires as a UFA) for a 24 year old promising goalie who could be qualified as an RFA next year?

I don't understand why the Flames want so much for Iginla. I could see if he had even one year on his contract left, but he doesn't. He's a rental player, and there's no guarantee he could be re-signed.

He's worth a 1st round draft pick or a 2nd round + 2nd tier prospect AT BEST. Any team that gives up a young roster player and a pick is giving up way too much....unless they can make the pick conditional under the agreement that Iginla signs with the new team.

That's a horrible deal.

Archived