The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Bryzgalov...risky?

Just how badly does Philly wanna' lose this contract? As others have stated, he hasn't played so poorly this season, in fact. So...

Flyers get: Luongo, Edler, & Sauve.(they need D)

Canucks get: Bryzgalov, Simmonds, Couturier. (We need fwds)

Give Ballard a chance to step up & fill a worthy role. Our impressive fwd-depth would be worth the risk.

-After this season, Bryz has 7yr/34m left, but 8 mill is next year, then it starts dropping. If he played decent, it may be moveable next summer, 2014.

-Worst case we have a poor playoffs,so also move Schneider in June/July, along with a big contract like Kesler's. With the haul in returning youth, our future would be set.

-Year & a half later we'd have the flaky Russian, but Cannata & Lack, as well. The Cap would be rising & we'd have youth , size & depth going forward.

Flame away-but this is what I'd consider, as an armchair-GM. Peace

Wow, Luongo and Edler alone should get us Simmonds and Couturier (if not more), so why would we trade Sauve for Bryz? That's not a good deal for us in any way shape or form.

Now if we were to move Luongo, Ballard and Booth for Bryz, Couturier, 1st and 2nd I might be interested, and we could see about buying out Bryz for them.

Wow, Luongo and Edler alone should get us Simmonds and Couturier (if not more), so why would we trade Sauve for Bryz? That's not a good deal for us in any way shape or form.

Now if we were to more Luongo, Ballard and Booth for Bryz, Couturier, 1st and 2nd I might be interested, and we could see about buying out Bryz for them.

WOW, indeed! If we could truly make the swap you say is possible-by all means, DO IT! Booth will be an amnesty buyout-if we're lucky(think they're underestimating/reporting extent of his injury).

If we could swap them 4, I'd gladly welcome Leighton or Boucher to open the gate for 3 mos.

This IS the best option. Gotta take back a lame contract to get a max-return on Luongo. Imagine...

Twins & Simmonds

Kes, Couturier, Burrows

Schray, Raymond, Hansen

Lappy, Higgins & Kass

Depth-Weise, Pinniz, Sestito

You might eve get Philly's 2014 1st, if we took their headache, Bryz, off their hands.

• 1 month later...

I keep coming back to this notion. IF we could nab a couple of them fine, Philly fwds; at the same time send them Ballard & Booth in a package, it's a great investment for the team's future.

Gotta feeling MG will package Lu with 1 or 2 more of our bad contracts, but he'll HAVE to take a major albatross back. It would show the fanbase that ownership is willing to invest big coin, to maintain a younger, bigger & competitive team.

Now if we were to move Luongo, Ballard and Booth for Bryz, Couturier, 1st and 2nd I might be interested, and we could see about buying out Bryz for them.

Archived