Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nucklehead

Letter From a Dying Iraq War Vet

15 posts in this topic

You're telling me he didn't know what he was getting himself into? Did he completely ignore past wars?

You're telling me he didn't know what he was getting himself into? Did he completely ignore past wars?

Unfortunately Cheney and Bush are don't give a crap. Cheney is like that old grouch in the neighborhood that everyone hates but never has anything happen to him... Dude shot someone(a friend nonetheless) and has a heart attack and nothing happened. Go figure.

The vast majority of the vet's letter I agree with some points I don't. But you can't help but feel for him. Especially when he's at the end of his journey in this world.

Dead on. I can't comprehend the loss of people's sons daughters, parents, and family all to put money in someone's pockets. These people are rich anyway and don't even need the money. I hate this world sometimes.

The United States Army: Fighting someone else's battles.

There was actually no WMD. There never was any. It was all fabricated to give USA and Britian a reason to go into Iraq. USA are the worlds biggest bullies on the planet. I am very ashamed that my country Canada follows their footsteps, its really unfair. Nato is actually the world axis right now. It seems like "The West" which is made up of developed nations and loyal to the United States, thinks all regimes are bad bad, bad and very bad. Even though they don't have the right to vote, it doesn't mean those countries are badly run, just like Libya and Syria. Libya was one of the best countries in Africa to live in prior to the mess. You get free College, and they focused more on their youth. One day United is going to meet their match of some sort, and it's going to get nasty. It's funny how they are not touching the Syria situation. Good for them.

Dead on. I can't comprehend the loss of people's sons daughters, parents, and family all to put money in someone's pockets. These people are rich anyway and don't even need the money. I hate this world sometimes.

The United States Army: Fighting someone else's battles.

Republicans and neocons are all about the dog-eat-dog assholes-and-idiots relationship of the world.

Everything that happened as far as wars and foreign policy during the Bush years would have happened also withe Democrats, although the media would have put a much better face on everything.

Not sure about that, since the Democrats are the party of choice of those who are against that sort of thing. Then again, does the democratic will of the people really have any power over the MIC?

At this point its basically down to a popularity contest between figureheads.

There are antiwar Republicans too, but do you think they're in the driver's seat either?

Poignant, and really quite sad.

Ugh, I don't even know what to say about Bush, Cheney, etc. I just get a sick feeling in my stomach.