The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[waivers] Jussi Jokinen

86Viking

If we get lucky enough that he doesn't get claimed before it's our chance, this might actually be our chance to land a 3rd (temporary 2nd) line centre for nothing. Cap hit this or that, Booth's 4.2M off the books for the remainder of the season. He's still got one year remaining on that contract, but if he can get his game together again, he'll easily be worth the 3M he's getting paid.

I believe Jussi Jokinen would be a great pick up, Canucks are looking for second line scoring and he can provide that. I am not concerned about the Cap problem. That can be worked out, send someone down, or trade someone (Ballard) for a pick. Next yr is a whole different ballgame. The UFA's, the majority will be signed (ie, Mason Raymond, Chris Tanev for starters. Neither are going anywhere, they have produced for the Canucks, the others are expendable. The Luongo situation, who knows what will happen, perhaps he's staying and Schneider is leaving, he will fetch more anyway.

If he even gets to us, Mike Gillis has to pick him up. If he clears waivers, then wtf..

But guys, at the same time, we've only got cap room for 500k. We'd have to make a trade or waive someone else to pick him up

Guest Pinchin

He's not free, he has 3 mil cap hit. Why get a player for the shootout when we are looking to add depth for a playoff run....no shootouts in the playoffs. MG would be foolish to waste cap space on Juicy Jokinen.

He's not free, he has 3 mil cap hit. Why get a player for the shootout when we are looking to add depth for a playoff run....no shootouts in the playoffs. MG would be foolish to waste cap space on Juicy Jokinen.

The idea that he's only good at shootouts is wrong. He is a very versatile player. Great at faceoffs, can play all forward positions and on both special teams. He is a very good faceoff man. And he is a positive possession player, even while playing against very good competition. He's a very useful player, and 3 million is a pretty good price for him.

We'd be in front of Ottawa in line.

Detroit is below us and they could use a body. Maybe the Isles? I'd guess Dallas too as the are shedding bodies and have history with him but I think they are trying to trim payroll down to it's barest bones.

I don't think we are... when you make a claim, you go to the bottom of the list regardless of your team ranking. So unless Ottawa claimed someone since we got Sestito... we are behind them. We are at or very near the bottom right now in waiver order.

Archived