The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[waivers] Jussi Jokinen

86Viking

There is nothing in the CBA that I've seen that changes your spot in the list because you'd made a claim in the past. The only exception would be if you lost a player to waivers and then the team that claimed him put him back on waivers, then you'd get first rights to get him back.

I don't think we are... when you make a claim, you go to the bottom of the list regardless of your team ranking. So unless Ottawa claimed someone since we got Sestito... we are behind them. We are at or very near the bottom right now in waiver order.

He is a better option than what we have now, but he certainly isn't what we are looking for to help us get a bit bigger and able to compete in the playoffs against the huge forwards of the opposing teams we will be facing. I suspect Gillis will hold fire and try to get something else to pan out.

Those saying the cap hit is such a worry, forget it. He actually in a way increases Gillis' flexibility, in that he can be packaged in a trade, sparing one of our regular roster players in getting someone like say Ribeiro. What picks would we have to give up for 3 million in salary?

He's worth grabbing. He's a fine asset for free. I doubt he gets to the Canucks.

He may be having an off year, but it's not like he's old and busted up or anything. The canes simply took on a new dynamic this year with additions that left him more our than in than before. You don't bring in Semin and Staal and not give them big minutes, so someone has to lose out, looks like it was him.

Archived