The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise out 2-4 weeks

For those wondering about pinner and kass....idk if it's been posted but ye here it is

SICK BAY WATCH: Canucks right-wingers Zack Kassian (back) and Steve Pinizzotto (ill) both missed their fourth straight game Tuesday but both skated and both appear close to a return, especially Pinizzotto. The latter fell ill last Wednesday just as the team was departing for Phoenix. He said the problem was dehydration and exhaustion.

“I just wasn’t feeling good but I’m on the right track and feeling better,” explained Pinizzotto, who skated Monday as well. “I guess it had to do with travelling and playing a lot of games in a little amount of time. I’ve played a lot of games in the past, but I never had to deal with the travel and it kind of caught up to me.”

Pinizzotto is scheduled to practise with the full team Wednesday and expects to be ready for Thursday’s home date against Colorado Avalanche.

“Probably by then, I’ll be fine so I think so, yeah,” he said.

According to Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault, Kassian remains day-to-day. He’s missed six of seven games and lasted just one period against St. Louis on March 19.

“Zack is improving,” Vigneault said. “He skated with Steve today prior to practice and we’ll see how he responds and take it from there.”

Well i guess you just can't trust anything injury related that comes out of our management/coaches mouths.. I believe LG said Weise was gonna be out like 1 week tops just last week. Oh well not a huge loss. Im more worried about Kassian.. we haven't heard a peep about his status. Wonder if it is way worse than they want to lead on.

Archived