51 replies to this topic

#31 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

The Sedins are very skilled but Not so smart players. It is sick to watch them pass the puck endlessly until they turn it over in the offensive zone. They always choose to pass when they are in good position to shoot or even when they have a wide open net to shoot at. The Sedins also play a big part in the league almost dead last dismal PP when they always slow down the movement of the puck every time it's under their stick and they don't shoot. Of course, the Canucks should fire that Brown guy who has no idea of how to run the PP. D. sedin is the top goal scorer and he is most dangerous around the net. I don't remember D. Sedin ever scores a goal from the point but he was put there for no reason by Brown. Vancouver will give up many more SH goals with D. Sedin playing the point because he does not have the speed to play defense when there is a turnover. The same applies to Schroeder, who does not have a point shot and is weak in defensive play, when he was playing the point in PP.

The twins will be useless in the playoffs unless they change their play to the shoot first. The twins will take less of a physical beating if they shoot more, instead of cycle the puck endlessly behind the goaline along the boards.

Shooting the damn puck is the only way for the twins to get out of this funk.

#32 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Those two have found a formula to push their skillset higher every off season.I think the lockout threw a wrench into that and they will be driven to dominate next season.

#33 RWMc1

RWMc1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

As usual the sheeple look merely at offensive output. The Sedins have become more responsible lately and that has had a large impact on how the rest of the team has been playing. They are playing the system and are playing as a team instead of as individuals. That is how we need to play to be effective in the Playoffs. Wide open hockey becomes less and less effective the further you go in the Playoffs. Don't listen to the media clowns. Flake, Suckeres, Tony(I'ma coming missus a Whiggins)G etc. are morons!!!

Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Champions 2014/15 So let it be written, So let it be done!

My Cup Runneth. Go get it and bring it here!

Cupquester "Who are those horrible little men?"

#34 RWMc1

RWMc1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Daniel has to trust himself again. Henrik has been fine. PP needs tweeking. Everyone has adjusted and get on the Sedins; Thus the change to Daniel on the point. Playoffs is where it counts!!!

Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Champions 2014/15 So let it be written, So let it be done!

My Cup Runneth. Go get it and bring it here!

Cupquester "Who are those horrible little men?"

#35 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,654 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

I agree that their cycle game doesn't work anymore because they're being rubbed out of the play along the boards. But I don't agree that they need to trip players to mitigate this.

Why can't they cycle in open ice rather than along the boards? Yes they won't be able to use the boards to protect the puck, but they can give themselves more room in open ice where they can't just be smushed by someone.

Also, why not give the "on the rush" play a chance? Gain the zone and take a shot. Why does every freaking play have to start with a cycle, and end with a wasted shift that didn't generate anything?

The Sedins have been the best in the league at point getting. But as far as physicality goes, they're nowhere near the top. We may be on a 5 game win streak but it's a facade folks. We won't win 1-0 games in the playoffs. The Sedins HAVE to score more if we want to get anywhere.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#36 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

I agree that their cycle game doesn't work anymore because they're being rubbed out of the play along the boards. But I don't agree that they need to trip players to mitigate this.

Why can't they cycle in open ice rather than along the boards? Yes they won't be able to use the boards to protect the puck, but they can give themselves more room in open ice where they can't just be smushed by someone.

Also, why not give the "on the rush" play a chance? Gain the zone and take a shot. Why does every freaking play have to start with a cycle, and end with a wasted shift that didn't generate anything?

The Sedins have been the best in the league at point getting. But as far as physicality goes, they're nowhere near the top. We may be on a 5 game win streak but it's a facade folks. We won't win 1-0 games in the playoffs. The Sedins HAVE to score more if we want to get anywhere.

+1 for using the word "facade".

/=S=/

#37 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Maybe give it to George Clinton? I hear he wants it.

#38 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

They gotta shoot the puck.

To the OP; interesting theory. As it stands with the refs continually confusing the teams with bizarre calls and non-calls, they will just call a minor on the Twins. A trip is a trip is a trip.

To the quoted. Yes this is exactly what they need to do.

So far this season, their recently added `scoring off the rush` component has vanished, for whatever reason. So they have been relying on more cycling than they have been the last few seasons.

Any Hockey coach will tell you that when you cycle and you have that first chance to take the puck to the net after the defenders are out of position, you do so and shoot. Henrik always has a window to shoot low for rebounds, but elects to pass in an attempt to further stretch the D for a more clear scoring chance.

With Higgy winging, they must go old school with greasy goals off scrambles.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#39 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

No.

They do not have to play like Bruins.

You mean you don't want them to play like a team that wants to, can and will win the Stanley cup?

#40 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

You mean you don't want them to play like a team that wants to, can and will win the Stanley cup?

Yah cuz gooning it up really suits our players. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#41 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

These guys will play until theyre 40 .. they have never depended on speed .. its like having 2 igor larionovs .. they shouldn't need 100 points a season .. all the pressure is on them now , because we have zero secondary scoring .. In the best scenario they should be the second line ..

Edited by Lulover88, 27 March 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#42 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Daniel is still suffering from his concussion,and will continue to do so until some point in time that is still undetermined.

With that said,how about obtaining a d man that can hit the net when the Twins throw it back to the point on the PP?

Funny how that worked with Ehrhoff and Salo.

#43 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

They aren't in a funk. They're on the decline. We've seen the best of the twins and we'll never see that dominance again from them.
Posted Image

#44 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Daniel is still suffering from his concussion,and will continue to do so until some point in time that is still undetermined.

I believe this is the case too.

Its not like he is horrible or costing the team, but he appears just not quite the Danny we know. He seems a bit shy to get super greasy like he can. Notice that he has not been a net prescence on the PP this season.

I do hope that if he is hampered by some residual effects, that it will fade come playoff time .

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#45 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yah cuz gooning it up really suits our players. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. But isn't that part of the problem?

Quite frankly, I'd rather see them gooning it up than diving and biting.

#46 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

They need Alex Burrows back on the top line :)

Zack Kassian*

#47 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

They need to stop getting pushed off the puck. Noticed it's been happening a lot to Hank lately. Also a lot of one too many passes.
Posted Image

#48 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Fair enough. But isn't that part of the problem?

Quite frankly, I'd rather see them gooning it up than diving and biting.

Yah biting is such a regular occurrence. Which team was it you said you were a fan of?? ;)
Posted Image

#49 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Both are in pace for over 70 points in an 82 game season. At a 6.1M cap, that is very fair. Hardly a "slump"

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 27 March 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#50 xereau

xereau

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

They need a consistent 2nd winger.

That's it.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man:
brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the

timid join him; for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain

#51 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

OP, have you ever tried tripping someone while you are falling down?

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#52 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Bur needs to set them up with some BEAVER BUZZ!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.