The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Which pair of commentators is your favourite for Canucks games?

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Commentators  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's obviously down to Hughson/Simpson pairing versus Shorty/Garret pair. I voted Hughson/Simpson mainly because I feel that Hughson >>>>> Shorty whilst Garret > Simpson. Shorty is great too but on odd occasions when CBC assigns Hughson to the Canucks games, I can't help but feel so comfortable and smooth with the commentating.

I loved it when Hughson was commentating with Garret on Sportsnet during the WCE era. That combi was superb.

Shorthouse and Garrett. I like that they know what's happening with the team since they always follow it. I also feel a connection with Shorty since he grew up wanting to do what he's doing. It's not just a job for him, he's a fan too. Garrett helps balance things out since he isn't afraid to say when a Canuck makes a bad play. I don't really like Dan Murphy though, he's a bit like a slimy infomercial pitchman and the Canucks are his product.

I like Hughson but I hate Simpson doing Canucks games, he's too bias against Vancouver.

Hrudey is horrible at doing a live broadcast. If he is gonna cover hockey he needs to do it in the studio.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I'd kind of like to see Dan Russell do the late games for CBC.

Love Jim Hughson but not much of a fan of Simpson. Whenever I hear him he doesn't usually have a lot of good things to say about the Canucks. But when he does say something it sounds laboured to say, understandable since he was a former Oiler, but hearing his biased tone against us isn't fun to hear.

I love TSN when Cuthbert and Ferraro are paired for our games...both experienced and know what they are talking about.

Wish we could just have Shorty and Garrett for the loffs. They are the perfect blend of objective/ subjective. Simpson doesn't even seem to do his homework. I remember last year against la there was either a call or no call on spraying the goalie with ice. I remember the play was identical to an earlier LA/ Vancouver regular season game (teams reversed) when the refs called someone for spraying the goalie. I remember being shocked it wasnt brought up by Simpson. The regular season game in question was pretty late in the season too. It's the color guys job to know about the teams' regular season history. That fact alone told me Simpson clearly hadn't bothered to watch our 4 games with la that year which is unacceptable for a playoff commentator.

Archived