The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Which pair of commentators is your favourite for Canucks games?

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Commentators  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hughson is the best Play by Play announcer in North America. And while I like Craig Simpson because he's knowledgeable, he's also dull-as-dishwater to listen to.

I'd still pay a little extra to hear Hughson and Don Taylor as PbP / Colour.

Hughson/Simpson followed closely by Shorthouse/Garret

Also, I'm clearly in a huge minority that actually likes Simpson. Shorthouse and Hughson are obviously way better, but I don't mind Simpson.

I wana bleed from my ears listening to hughson and Simpson. Used to love hughson but not anymore.

Cuthbert is a beauty. Shorty is great too but I think cuthbert is slightly more intriguing and he called some great games for us in the playoffs.

Cuthbert, larscheid would be my dream combo

John and John hands down.

No one even close.

If not them, I prefer Cuthbert and Ferraro. Cuthbert is the consumate professional pbp, and Ferraro is always enthusiastic and shares whatever hockey knowledge he can - really enjoy that pair.

Simpson and Hrudey suck.

CBC also has the worst intermissions (between the Depends commercials and their gawd awful panel, it's a 15 minute mute), which says alot, because Sportsnet propping up the Vancouver media is just horrid as well.

I think Simpson has really picked it up over the last year and a half. Does a pretty good job I'd say.

I love Ferraro and TSN casts.

Shorthouse and Garret are good, but I'm starting to prefer TSN for virtually everything.

wasn't a fan of Larscheid. too goofy.

Ive watched hockey for almost 4o years .. Ive seen the best and the worst , and for my money Short and Garret are easily the best right now .. A mix of great hockey knowledge , humour , and an all around joy of the game .. We are very lucky to have those gentleman as our play by play team . Pure class all the way ..

I really enjoy listening to Shorthouse and Garret. The way they make fun of each other and how they are biased toward the canucks. What I like about them most is how they call the game leaning toward the positive side (commenting on good plays and not focusing on mistakes teams make), whereas guys like Craig Simpson seem to lean toward the negative aspect of the game and try to tell us how the players should be playing. Cuthbert and Ferraro are great also

Ferraro and Cuthbert/Miller for sure. Ferraro is just insightful and has a good eye for noticing good or bad plays that you might not normally see yourself. He always comments on the players chirping each other too, and even talks about players as they're on the bench beside him. Can't go wrong with Cuthbert or Miller either

Archived