The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Coyotes Ready To Become Sellers

Vermette for a 1st? Torres for a 3rd/4th. Here's our Game 1 roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Hansen - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Vermette - Schroeder

Kassian - Lapierre - Torres

Deadly lineup that gives AV a lot of options. That's a lot of depth - practically 3 lines worth of top-6 forwards, along with one of the hardest hitting 4th lines in the game that can make a difference in big games.

I likke adding Torres on the 4th line... that would be friggin sick to have Torres - Lappierre - Pinnizotto/Kassian there.

Thats all I want from Phoenix though, unless Doan somehow comes available.

Ott, Ribeiro, or Bozak at center....

I like Bozaks versatillity, but word is he's looking for a homerun of a contract and will test the UFA market to get it. Also his value to the Leafs has gone up as he's having a great season (on 82 game pace for 20+ goals, 50+ points, 100+ hits, and 50%+ on the draw). THus the Canucks might be hard pressed to get a "A"-"B" prospect back in the package for Lui. RIght now the rumor is Nonis is offering a 2nd round pick + a mid level prospect. Id love a package like Franson, Colborne, 1st

Ott would be a real nice playoff player, and the prototypical kind of 3rd line C/W the Canucks would love to add, plus he's signed through next season. But Buffalo really likes what he's done, and anyone would likley have to overpay to get him out of there.

Ribeiro wont be a shutdown C, or a physical presince, or really effective in his own zone, and hes well below .500% on faceoffs. But he would open up options offensivley for us, especially giving us PP movement. He could also be a very nice fit for Booth next year if the Canucks are willing to give Ribeiro the term he's seeking. Still risky, unless Wash will take Loui and give us a solid prospect back in the package. Ribeiro's not exactly a "clutch" player, although the last time he was in the playoffs (6 years ago) he had 17 pts in 18 games. That would be some very welcome production....

Archived