The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Ryane Clowe

I really think all the talk of Clowe "hating" us Is just fan observation. This is a business, and a passion for players, if Clowe comes to Vancouver, he has a shot at a Stanley Cup. I doubt he truly "Hates" anyone here. He isn't 3 years old, he'll play here if the deal comes along.

If Clowe made statements against the Canucks in the past, it would become a distraction and he should not be traded here. It would not be good for anyone.

If no such statements were made, I would say get him. Clowe's trade value, given his poor season and market value with Igilnia's recent trade, would at the most be worth a 2nd rounder and a B level prospect

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/25/sharks-players-weigh-in-on-canucks-arrogance/

just a quick google search....but its obvious by the way he plays us, the murder in his eyes.....id be shocked if he landed here. ive been a clowe fan forever and would like to see it - well maybe not this years goalless clowe...but i still think hed be a force for us in the post season.

I really think all the talk of Clowe "hating" us Is just fan observation. This is a business, and a passion for players, if Clowe comes to Vancouver, he has a shot at a Stanley Cup. I doubt he truly "Hates" anyone here. He isn't 3 years old, he'll play here if the deal comes along.

I don't doubt he said it. Sometimes you get caught up in the moment. It's a very emotional game sometimes, and players like Clowe love to get into the rough stuff and piss of players on the other team. But again, if it come down to it, he would put all that behind him, like a true professional, and play here in Vancouver.

But think about it, would you rather play for a team in the same conference as your old team? Play for a team with players you personally dont like (Lapierre mainly)? or go to a city that you played in junior in that currently higher in the standings than the other team?

You speak as if he has an NTC, I don't think he does but I'm not sure... if he doesn't he will play for whoever has his contract... that is of course if he like being paid... If he gets traded he is going to whoever offers best value to SJ.

Most people have coworkers they don't like.. they deal with it and for the remainder of 4 million bucks I am sure Clowe would man up and play for the Canucks for a couple of months no problem.

Archived