The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Ryane Clowe

Realistically, they'll get a conditional pick depending on whether or not Clowe re-signs. A 1st if he re-signs, a 2nd if he doesn't, and then a prospect which is more than fair. Don't think anyone wants to pay him to be a injured rental.

I kind of have a feeling Gillis is going to trade for this guy. He's the exact kind of player Gillis wants. While he may not be very young, he's big and a physical presence, something the Canucks need more of. He can pot 50-60ish points in a season while bringing toughness. He's not a goon.

i've been craving clowe on the nucks for a couple years now...perfect fit..he knows how to pass the puck and is a huge body that we could for sure use on the pp. one off season doesn't turn him into a lost cause..if we could snag him for mcnally and a conditional 1st (1st if he re-signs, 3rd if he doesnt) i'd take it in a heartbeat

I've made trade proposals with Clowe in them but obviously I was WAY off on the price. San Jose is out of their minds if they want a 1st and a prospect. Most I would offer is a mid level prospect and a 4th or just a 2nd round pick, in 2014.

If Doug Wilson is asking for a 1st, he's delusional. Nobody is willing to give up a 1st this year because all 30 spots have the potential to land a great player, especially the Top 5. It's a very deep draft. I wouldn't mind Clowe, if they took McNally and a 2014 1st.

Maybe a 2nd and conditional 2nd plus a mid level prospect (Rodin) for Clowe?

Or acquire a first and a prospect from a goalie trade and trade our first (conditional) plus a prospect for Clowe?

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Clowe-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Weise(Booth)

Archived