The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Ryane Clowe

I am a fan of Clowe, especially his playoff production. As we have seen San Jose has generally crumbled under the pressure of the playoffs. Stars like Marleau and Thornton and Heatley have seen their production slowed considerably after the reg season. Clowe however had 9 points in 13 games in 07-08. In 09-10 he had 10 points in 15 games and in 10-11 he had 15 points in 17 games. He is the type of guy that if we can acquire at a reasonable price can help push for a run. His goal scoring drought may be a blessing in disguise as his value may have dropped because of it.

It's a simple solution. Offer a conditional 1st.

If we don't re-sign him it becomes a 2nd. If we do then it is worth the 1st round pick.

Package in any one of our prospects other than Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, and Lack to sweeten the deal.

2003- Ryan Kesler

2004- Cory Schneider

2005 - Luc Bourdon played for us, and probably still would be right now, r.i.p

2006 - Michael Grabner played for us, and is still a legitimate sniper in the NHL

2007 -

2008 - Cody Hodgson

2009- Jordan Schroeder

2010 -

2011- Niklas Jensen, will definetly be on the team, even as early as next year

2012 - Brendan Gaunce, will be on the team in the next 2-3 years almost guaranteed

As far as Im concered thats 8 out of 10 every day nhler's we've drafted in the first round ( assuming Jensen/Gaunce in the future). You trade a first round pick for a guy like Bobby Ryan, not a soon to be UFA without a single goal this season.

It's a simple solution. Offer a conditional 1st.

If we don't re-sign him it becomes a 2nd. If we do then it is worth the 1st round pick.

Package in any one of our prospects other than Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, and Lack to sweeten the deal.

I'd like Clowe on our team...But it's hard to understand how many peoples are on baord at this price.

Iginla was 1st and 2 prospects, right? That was the rumor.

Because it feels like people are far more on board with Clowe at 1st and prospect than Iginla at a first and 2. I realize Clowes five years younger...but even then Iggy had, I don't know, about 500 more points than clowe does at 30/31...and Iginla is 1 season removed from 86 pts, and had 67 last year. Clowe at most has ever had 62...

My point is neither to advocate for Iginla or against Clowe - it just seems odd how people are valuing players.

I think both would be good, but mortgaging anything worthwhile for either without getting them signed to something reasonable for a couple more years would be useless at this stage.

Archived