The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Ryane Clowe

That's what Luongo is for (Although I hope that we keep him and trade Schneider instead).

Clowe and Roy is for NOW. We need help NOW to win. If we win the Cup, no matter the price, we win the trade. We need to make moves to get there, and these two would put us a hell of a lot closer. All we need is another defenseman and we'd be set.

Move Luongo (or Schneider) in the off-season for TOMORROW. Sell the future for TODAY right now.

What people are failing to realise is that this year is an anomaly for Clowe. If we get him and Booth comes back we have arguably one of the deepest teams in the NHL

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Clowe - Kesler - Booth/Kassian

Higgins - Roy - Hansen

Kassian/Booth - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

IMO a goalie trade wouldn't be necessary until the draft with that roster.

I'd rather see Roy on the wing and Kes in the middle. Roy is soft and gets pushed around in his own end.........who would you rather have going up against a Thornton, Getzlaf, Brown etc etc in the defensive zone?

Gilman said it's difficult to make a trade because of the NTC and there are going to be a lot of moving parts.

Gilman just said they're looking to make another move. At least one maybe two more.

My Playoff Lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Clowe

Raymond - Roy - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Kassian

(Extras: Schroeder, Weise, Booth)

Looks like a very nice line up! Hopefully we could re-sign them after the season is over too! (For a fair price, maybe even just Clowe) We could trade Booth and Ballard in the off season, as well as Lu-- if he isn't moved for anything before the deadline; for a 1st and a prospect to "make up" for the Clowe trade. The asking price for Clowe sounds pretty reasonable to me, just not sure which prospect(s) we should give up... Rodin and or Sauve maybe?? Hell, I'd even give up Corrado or Mallet if that's what it would take.

Barker has been just as good as Ballard imo, it would be good to keep him and slot him in as our 5th/6th D-man. Also I'd have to let Alberts walk, he's definitely not worth the 1 mil he's getting. We could then re-sign Higgins and Lappy, they've both been awesome! As well as Raymond for around the same cap hit as before, and if not? Well then we'd have to just let him walk, keeping either him or Booth would have to be a decision for our GM. Personally I'd rather have Raymond @4.2 mil than Booth for 4.2 mil though, maybe for an even 3 mil for 3 years or something along those lines. lol Over all I think we could compete this year and have an even better team for next year! :P

EDIT 1: I know Clowe is a left wing but putting him on the right side could ready him for a couple shifts with the Sedin twins, anybody wants to mess around? BAM, here comes Ryane Clowe! B)

EDIT 2: We'll probably need to draft some D too, it's starting to get kind of shallow back there for prospects..

Archived