The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider starts tomorrow

Good he deserves the start but I don't believe Luongo is going anywhere until the playoffs are over, we need him for a deep run. We have one one of the best goalie tandems if not the best in the league, would be stupid to get rid of that aspect of the team while we still have a chance to make a deep run again.

I hope you are kidding about shedding a tear for a professional hockey player moving on with his career. Let's save our tears for more serious things like tragic events like natural disasters, Sept 11 etc etc And wish Lu the best "if" he does get traded. Its just a sport and a business, don't be so serious. I've seen my favourite players moved on (Linden, Rypien, Ohlund, Walker) and so has majority of fans, although Rypien is a different circumstance, my eyes were red for that situation.

Good he deserves the start but I don't believe Luongo is going anywhere until the playoffs are over, we need him for a deep run. We have one one of the best goalie tandems if not the best in the league, would be stupid to get rid of that aspect of the team while we still have a chance to make a deep run again.

We need Luongo for a deep run because.....?

What exactly will he accomplish sitting at the end of the bench watching playoff action while looking at Cory with sad eyes? That seems to me like it would be a distraction. They wont be alternating games, no team does that in the playoffs, so what is the point of keeping the tandem?

We all think that is is Lou getting traded. Maybe MG and AV have been showcasing CS for a trade. Short term cap hit is that Luo's contract is larger, but CS will become UFA in a couple of seasons. If CS is successful here, Canucks may not be able to afford him and sign the Sedins.

This is true but the fact remains that our goaltending was the best part of our team in this run, no argument that we need help big time in other areas and that's why Lou must be moved.. So we can as you say beat the real contenders.

I'm the fist guy to point out that we cant keep that amount of cap in goaltending along. But man am I going to be sad to see one go. I wish everyone would take a step back and look for a moment how fortunate we are. We simply have the best goaltending tandem in the league. We're never going to have this ever again.

Heres to luuuuuu

And

Scheiderman

We need Luongo for a deep run because.....?

What exactly will he accomplish sitting at the end of the bench watching playoff action while looking at Cory with sad eyes? That seems to me like it would be a distraction. They wont be alternating games, no team does that in the playoffs, so what is the point of keeping the tandem?

Playoffs have shown players get injured or they crack under pressure, Luongo has the experience in the playoffs moreso than Cory does. That said why does it hurt to have Luongo around to help Cory like has been doing all season long and be there to provide advice during the playoffs? The fact that you assume there is a distraction is absurd. I find it merely more for both guys to play to the best of their abilities bringing the best for the team, a healthy competition.

Playoffs have shown players get injured or they crack under pressure, Luongo has the experience in the playoffs moreso than Cory does. That said why does it hurt to have Luongo around to help Cory like has been doing all season long and be there to provide advice during the playoffs? The fact that you assume there is a distraction is absurd. I find it merely more for both guys to play to the best of their abilities bringing the best for the team, a healthy competition.

Archived