The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider starts tomorrow

Do you not feel its a bit of an assumption on your part that Lou is advising Schneider (melanson does that) or that the situation in the dressing room is not just a little awkward? Lou is a proud man and he has to be hurting a little, it would be quite natural for him based on the fact that he has been superceded by Schneider, I think a resolution to the situation would be better for all parties. IMO its gone on too long to be healthy and Lou deserves better.

I think the majority on cdc has been saying and hoping for this to happen all season,myself can't see it happening now.....maybe in the off season !!!!.If it was going to happen it would have already been done.

People expecting to get a huge return/ a solid player for Lu is going to be unhappy. If Lu get's traded, it will be probably salary back or a draft pick or 2...Dumping him for nothing makes no sense, it doesn't help us out

Hope you wrong because if your right it means MG is packing it in for the season. I also can't see how he would get more for him in the summer when we would be forced to trade him because of the cap. This is starting to look like a bluff that has gone wrong, very wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he has already had an offer that he turned down that is better then anything he will get.

I personally think that Schneider is playing because he has been playing so well. Start the goalie unil the lose, that's what we've been hoping AV to do no? Since we are getting to the end of the season, the coaching staff realize that every game is a must win. Therefore, they start schneider because they think he'll give the best chance to win.

1) 5 wins, 5 GA, 2 SO in last 5 games = easy decision for coach

2) Trades are a brewing and we can't trade an injured player

3) With Iginla in Pittsburgh, all the other eastern conf teams will be scrambling to match their depth, so I figure Luongo's value has gone up and expect a deal over the weekend.

Don't hold your breath, go to nhl.com stats and dial up the goalies to see how Luongo rates against other goalies and then figure out why it is so hard to trade a guy getting 5.3 mil for what he is accomplishing statisticall - He is 15th among goalies in GAA who have played over 15 games - much worse if we include goalies who have played 10 or more games. In save % he is 25th among goalies with 15 or more games - again much worse if 10 or more games are used as the cut-off. You just don't pay that kind of money for that kind of goalie for that many years. Get used to the idea that at his pay-rate, no-one wants him. MG could not trade him while he was hot, now, who wants him at all? It's just a bad deal financially - we might have to give up someone valuable packaged with Luongo just to get rid of him. I know the Luongo lovers will dump all over this idea, but if he had value why is he not already gone - we sure as hell have been needing players that supposedly could have been returned. Where are they? Why is Luongo still here?

Good he deserves the start but I don't believe Luongo is going anywhere until the playoffs are over, we need him for a deep run. We have one one of the best goalie tandems if not the best in the league, would be stupid to get rid of that aspect of the team while we still have a chance to make a deep run again.

Archived