The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Buffalo attempting to trade Miller to Tampa Bay

Where's he gonna go? Who would he waive to if florida is out? He's gotta be feelin the heat. Not saying he would waive to buff but if he passes it up how many other takers are there? Could be a risky move for Lu, no way gillis ever buy him out he could bench himself if he turns down a legit offer gillis likes

Buffalo had Enroth guys. The only teams I see going for either goalie right now or in the next year or 2 are TBL, NJD, EDM, CAL or TOR. Maybe Fla but they may be out of it for a few more years and happy with Markstrom.

As many of you so dilligently point out Edm and Cal probly wont wanna deal with us, so that leaves pretty slim pickings for teams that will soon need a franchise goalie. And considering none of those teams mentioned desperately need a guy right now I don't see us getting a fair trade for either. But if we can do something that takes us back to the finals then we should.

If we could pry Vanek out of Buff using Schneider somehow that would be amazing

I can see BUF trading Miller to TB for Connelly + 1st 2014.

BUF is rebuilding so they'll want to go with youth, prospects and picks. But they'll need a #1 goalie to go with the young core they'll be building. So I can see them wanting Schneider and overpaying. Vancouver will be wanting a roster player, prospect and a pick. Also maybe unload another player that won't fit in their plans next year (ie. Booth or Ballard).

So then maybe...

Ott + Connelly (C prospect) + 1st 2014 + Pysyk (D prospect) for Schneider + Booth

Vancouver gets its 3C, good prospects and a 1st rounder.

Meh...

Can't believe people are still thinking about trading Schneids. Look at the way he's performing over the last 7 games!

This guy's a definite keeper.

Luongo will go. Just a matter of time. Probably not likely during the next few days, but it will have to happen in the off-season.

I just don't know how teams will go uninterested during the regular season, to interested in the offseason. these are the same teams...

If there's nothing else out there for impact players to be had MG has got to make a deal with Tampa.

We could definitely use Vinny or St Louis and would jump back into cup contention with this type of deal not to mention not have to give up draft picks, prospects or Raymond.

I am a fan of MG but i will be very disappointed in MG if he doesn't find something to help this team win now.

Archived