The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Buffalo attempting to trade Miller to Tampa Bay

Miller wants to sign in the West right? to live closer to his GF?

Unless Stevie Y has inside source that he will re-sign, I think he's gonna make a huge mistake trading for him.

SteveY's stubborness to trade for a legit goaltender at the start of the season is the reasony why their outside looking in a playoff spot.

Personally I think Buffalo is one of the few teams Lu would outright refuse to be traded to. I'd put them on a list with Calgary, Edmonton, Colombus, and (possibly) Toronto. I'd think the criteria for his refusal would be a Northern location, unlikely to challenge in the next 5 years, and .... less than glamorous city to put it mildly - have you ever seen downtown Buffalo in November? Not pretty.

Anyways I'm no insider, just my guess.

This is exactly what I was thinking. No way does Lou waive. Unless we are waving goodbye to Schneids, but I highly doubt Buff would sell the farm to us for him. Meyers, Ott for Schneids? :P I think I will just wait until Sunday. Sometimes I just cannot stand speculation.

OHHH so if you play lights out in one 2 week tournament and average after that you are considered an elite player? That's like saying Fernando Pisani (who had 26~ points during the Oilers 2005 cup run) is an elite scorer in the league. Miller's play after the Olympics hasn't exactly been lights out.

I know Luongo has had his brain farts in the playoffs but Miller hasn't even performed like a top 5 goalie in the regular season, much less the playoffs....(has he even been in the playoffs since 2010?)

Don't argue that he has a bad team in front of him. Luongo had a mediocre Canucks team in front of him when he first came here and he brought them into the second round of the playoffs.

Miller has a Vezina you moron. GTFO.

And I'm a Luongo fan... I think we're better off keeping Lu. But if other brainchilds such as yourself are confused as to how Yzerman could find Miller more attractive than Lu I will let you know.

The Olympics comment was more of a joke (that made sense) considering it featured Yzerman as Canada's GM, Miller as USAs goalie (who had an unreal tourney) and Lu (who was barely tested the whole time cause our team was so good). Obviously watching the tape Stevie Y noticed what a beast Miller was.

Not to take anything away from Lu but aside from robbing Demo I don't think he had one highlight reel save. (not his fault)

Miller on the other hand...

just so you guys remember .. "GOLD" was 3 years ago.

- Miller's contract may be a higher cap hit than Lu, but he's an UFA after next season. With Lu? You're sticking with his contract for 9 years.

- Luongo's length of contract is the only reason why Tampa doesn't want him.

- Tampa won't be trading someone they just re-signed in Nate Thompson.

- Buffalo isn't moving Ott.

- Miller isn't that overhyped, he's good with a bunch of mixed mentality with no real veteran presence that can lead their team. They've had strong flashes throughout the season and it's inconsistent, but meh. Think about the conferences they play in. East has better offense, West has better defense. It's that clear. There's a reason why Bryzgalov hasn't been doing that well in Philly.

- The Sabres will not take Lu. He is one year older than Miller as it is. He has almost a decade on his contract left.

- Lu wouldn't waive his no movement clause to come here to Buffalo. It has nothing to do with our snow in November, but has everything to do with the fact that the Sabres will not be contenders for at least another 2-3 years.

- The Sabres will not part with Ott. Teams get bad reputations and make themselves less desirable if they pick up players and then trade them away soon thereafter. Plus I would bet my bottom dollar that Patrick Kaleta's days as a Sabre are numbered now that we have Ott. If Kaleta is on next years roster for any length of time I'll be very surprised.

- I guarantee that Darcy Regier is trying to toss Stafford into any kind of package deal. I'd be surprised if any team would take on his contract.

- I really like Foligno but he has been a little disappointing this year so I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets traded away in any kind of package deal. To be honest, the 'nucks would be smart to pick him up if they can. He would be perfect as a fourth line winger. He also has the skills and grit needed to fill in on another line in case of a player injury.

The bottom line is that any older veteran that plays for the Sabres wants out of town and veteran players on other teams will want nothing to do with the Sabres until we become contenders again. The one deal that I'm afraid of is a possible Vanek trade. Vanek is an UFA after next season and right now he's a very desirable player for any team that needs a top flight winger.

Archived