Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Vancouver Trade Deadline and Draft Day(Proposal)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel+Henrik2237

Daniel+Henrik2237

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Deadline:

To Florida:
Lu
Ebbett

To Van:
Matthias

Luongo's window has closed for blockbuster trade and has lost all value...so instead of buying him out...

To Det:
Ballard

To Van:
4th round pick

Draft Day:

Trade Barker,Alberts for picks

Off season: Now that canucks have got rid of lots of cap space we can spend a little on UFA's.

#2 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I agree that Lu has really low value in the market and next year will just get worse because of the cap.

I like trying to get a pick for ballard.

No to trading barker and alberts for depth under 1.5 mill.

I hope we dont get Roy.....but Ott or Dubinsky would be nice to get in the offseason or something.

3ab53391304f614b13c048696ff0cb49.jpg?ito

#3 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

I laughed so hard on that first trade.

2pzbeb6.jpg

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#4 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

There is no point trading Alberts or Barker for picks in the off'season, both are UFA and neither are a big enough name for a team to be willing to lose a pick on. We managed a 4th for Ehrhoff, we wont be getting a 7th for Alberts.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#5 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

way underestimating ballard more then a pick

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#6 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

you trade Lu(top goalie) and ebbett(3rd line/depth player) for a 4th line center. Lu may have low value(according to you) but this is awful
plus Florida has Markstrom who they are content with, even though i think theres just a lot of hype and not a lot of production despite his stats.
You cant do trades that you would do in NHL 13, you have to think in the mind of Gillis, and he is not going to let Lu go for that crap. plus we dont have to buy out Lu, move Ballard and Booth and we are under the cap without moving Lu. do some research before you think buying him out is the only option.

RIP rick

Take it sleazy, and I'm out.

#7 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Trade Barker,Alberts for picks

If we're dumping Ballard, then we should keep Barker for depth. The guy has been solid if unspectacular and with a bit of work on his skating could be a sometime 2nd pairing guy in the future. Plus, he's not gonna be expensive.

That'd give us Hammer, Juice, Eagle, Garrison, AN Other(Connauton?), Tanev, Barker as our D core for next year. I'd be very happy with that. Schneids and Lack should be good for goalies.

Forwards is really where we need the work.

Sedins, Burrows, Hansen, Kesler and Kassian is all we have signed for next year. We'll have roughly 10 mil to fill the rest (and get depth). Call up Jensen and resign Higgy and Lappy should leave us with a little over 5 mil. Lain, Tostito, 2xAN Other (winger and center) doable for that.

titanic.png Proud member of 2016 tank nation!  :towel:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.