The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade the Sedins next season?

Super_Canuck

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's be honest, the Sedins are getting older and aren't getting any better. While they'll still be very good players, they will no longer be amongst the elite players in the league. IMO, they have peaked. If we try to trade them as a package, we could get a TONNE back in return which would be like a quick re-build.

So, would you trade the Sedins next year if it looked like the Canucks weren't an elite team anymore and also considering they would be pending UFA's? Or would you re-sign them to another extension and try to keep adding pieces to this current core and still try to win?

I'm not against a re-buid at all. I don't think we are going to win with this current core. Especially considering salary cap implications nowadays, we need to get good young talent that is cheap financially. We cannot afford to keep signing old veteran players to big money contract, or else we will end up like Calgary.

EDIT: This is not a Sedin bashing. They are true professionals in every sense of the word, both on and off the ice. I'm a big fan of theirs both as players and as human beings and think they've been a treat to watch the last couple of years and we have been lucky to have them on our team. No doubt they will go down as 2 of the best Canucks ever. What I'm talking about is business and the future of this team. Use your heads and not your hearts

Archived