The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade the Sedins next season?

Super_Canuck

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People seem to forget how the Sedins were acquired in order to build this iteration of the team in the first place. We traded a previous Canuck untradeable, Trevor Linden - which brought us Bertuzzi, McCabe (which brought us a Sedin), and a draft who turned into Jarko Ruutu. Then we traded Bertuzzi to get Luongo. Unfortunately, we did not trade Luongo soon enough to get a vaue for him. We are nearly at that point with the Sedins. If we do not win this year, they should be traded - for their sakes and ours. They should get the chance to win the cup even if they are somebody else's second liners. If we wait too long, we will get no return because their contract will be too expensive to move for their diminishing value - exactly the same situation as Luongo. We will be strapped into huge cap commitments which yield us nothing of value.

Absolutely not!

The Sedins will finish their NHL careers here in Vancouver when they say so. Their numbers will then both be raised to join the other Canuck's Greats Smyl, Linden and Nazzy. They will go back to Sweden and finish with Modo.

The End.

This is how all of you will react when the Sedins are here for too long and we will have won 0 cups with them. Then you'll all be saying "omg, we should've traded them when they were worth something"

The twins have hit the point where the only way they will be traded is if they ask to be. Yes, this could turn into the Iginla scenario a few years down the line, but to trade franchise players just as they are starting to decline is completely classless and would take this organization looks amateurish to the point where no one will want to come here to play.

shame on you for even bringing this up shame shame...sedins will always be canucks, have their numbers retire and end their careers as the best brother tandem in nhl history...

how dare you say they arnt getting any better, they've improved a lot this year in their physical play, and are still point per game players for a few more years, then look at alfredsson for the sens, and selanne for the ducks both are in the 40's now and still leading their teams with leadership n points, i see the sedins doing the exact same, sure at the end of their careers they wont be 1st line players, but they'll still be 2nd-3rd line players and be effective, by then, the canucks should have other legit 1st line players representing, like you said its a business, n the business side is to make money and sport side is win, the sedins are winners and help make our team money, never shall we trade the sedins

i know this is a bit off topic, but wouldn't it been true class and canadian heart if iginla accepted a trade to the sens, both alfredsson and iginla have been captain of their canadian teams for years, both have brought their teams to the stanley cup finals only to come short in the end, now that both their careers are winding down, i would of loved to see iginla help push the sens to the cup, and try to bring the stanley cup back to canada, yes unfortunatly he wasnt able to bring it the flames, but iginla on the sens, could of made dreams come true in canada, would of been sweeter to see the sedins on the same line as iginla too, but seeing how the flams n nucks are rivals in the same division, i would of had even more respect for iggy if he accepted a trade to the sens...

i know this is a bit off topic, but wouldn't it been true class and canadian heart if iginla accepted a trade to the sens, both alfredsson and iginla have been captain of their canadian teams for years, both have brought their teams to the stanley cup finals only to come short in the end, now that both their careers are winding down, i would of loved to see iginla help push the sens to the cup, and try to bring the stanley cup back to canada, yes unfortunatly he wasnt able to bring it the flames, but iginla on the sens, could of made dreams come true in canada, would of been sweeter to see the sedins on the same line as iginla too, but seeing how the flams n nucks are rivals in the same division, i would of had even more respect for iggy if he accepted a trade to the sens...

I don't know about them retiring here. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they played a season at MODO when they are done in the NHL.

Anyway, there are very few that could afford to deal for the two of them, and no one's going to want just one. We're talking a straight swap for Crosby, +. Either that or we get a bucketload of firsts as well as a top player.

Archived