The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Hamhuis unsung hero?

Zuongo

Hammer is a stud , had the privelege of watching his junior career and that boy at 16 years old could throw a hipcheck like nobodies buisness. His puck sense is incredible , ya he had a rough sart but the whole team did as well , great kid on and off the ice , bring back the hipcheck Hammer!

I think he's been one of our worst defencemen all season long. Probably 2nd worst after Edler. He hasn't played physically AT ALL this season, no big hits, and worst of all has had a lot of trouble getting the puck out of his own zone which didn't happen the last 2 seasons.

He's racking up a lot of cheap 2nd assists this season so don't take those point totals as him playing well offensively. Hamhuis has been shocking. A minus 1 coming into tonight, and will finish with a +3 against Colorado, but only because of 2 empty net goals and some great Sedin plays. Hamhuis was great last season but shocking this year.

Hamhuis is awesome. Great defensively, great first pass, good mobility, gets himself or teammates into good scoring situations with the puck.

I just wish he could hit his open chances more often. He'd be absolutely ridiculous if he could hit the net more on those sneak down from the point maneuvers.

HIGH HOCKEY IQ, but not a very accurate shot. At least he gets it through, even though it misses often.

I'd say the best candidates for unsung hero are:

Hansen

Raymond

Tanev

Hansen and Raymond both play a strong two way game, pk and put up points. They don't get the credit they deserve. While Tanev isn't flashy, nor a producer, but has been rock solid on D. Hamhuis on the other hand does get more recognition for what he does. I'd say those other three fall into the "unsung" category to a greater extent.

I think he's been one of our worst defencemen all season long. Probably 2nd worst after Edler. He hasn't played physically AT ALL this season, no big hits, and worst of all has had a lot of trouble getting the puck out of his own zone which didn't happen the last 2 seasons.

He's racking up a lot of cheap 2nd assists this season so don't take those point totals as him playing well offensively. Hamhuis has been shocking. A minus 1 coming into tonight, and will finish with a +3 against Colorado, but only because of 2 empty net goals and some great Sedin plays. Hamhuis was great last season but shocking this year.

Hammer and Eddie were pretty, freakin' stinky in the first 10 games, or so. Since then, Hammer has been solid while Eddie is still stinky. Canuck's don't need a backup... just strap the pads on Hammer and they'll be good.

Unsung hero? Nah. I'll give that to Schneids, right now.

hmm...Personally my vote goes to Tanev. Best d-men we've had all season. Hamhuis is obviously great but I have seen him (and most the d-men) have rough starts this year. Tanev looked the best from the get-go.

Hansen should also be considered as well.

Archived