Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

logic

Future of the Flames

60 posts in this topic

Should "have" traded him last year.

And yes, he should have. However, we were discussing the poor return he got from Pitssburgh this year. There seems to be some question as to whether he might have gotten a better return from the Bruins or someone else, had Iggy not insisted of the Pens.

Lol dumbest move. If they haven't traded down they wouldve gotten grigorenko.

Iggy will be back in Calgary next year as Captain .. back where he can slowly skate into obscurity .. ask around .. the reason Brent Sutter quit as coach was Iggy .. Calgary will NEVER be successful with him there .. so I hope he signs for 4 more years and drags the Flames into the muck ..

4 years at $7 million eh Feaster? .. :towel:

Here's what the future up front for the Flames looks like,

Baertschi(5'10) - Alex Kohkhlachev(5'10) - John Gaudreau(5'9)

They definitely need to draft some size, Baertschi is the only player in their system who everyone knows will be a star.

I understand the need for size. But, I don't think being small means these suckers can't succeed. Marty St. Louis, Patty Verbeek and Theo Fleury are just a few examples that size isn't a deterrent. Late-

what happen to Backlund? he always injuried and still have no gotten 20 goals......

Jankowski is actually looking pretty good, I've seen some of the providence games. Kid can dangle and seemed grow in height since the draft. At 6ft 3in if he puts on some weight could pan out for Flames.

One of the no namers in the Iginla deal actually made some clutch plays as Yale upset Minnesota. Feaster might look stupid now, but we really won't know until these guys make it to the NHL if they ever make it.

Jankowski is actually looking pretty good, I've seen some of the providence games. Kid can dangle and seemed grow in height since the draft. At 6ft 3in if he puts on some weight could pan out for Flames.

One of the no namers in the Iginla deal actually made some clutch plays as Yale upset Minnesota. Feaster might look stupid now, but we really won't know until these guys make it to the NHL if they ever make it.

#10 is Jankowski, only highlights I could find. You guys can judge, I don't think he's going to flop like many of you.

There's no defense for Feaster for waiting this long to rebuild

Future of the Flames

|

|

V

seattle0.jpg

I kid, but it wasn't that long ago they were threating to move the team to Portland.

Now that Boumeester is gone for another 1st round pick. The Flames re-build is in full force. Look to see Kipper go for another 1st rounder.

IMO, Feaster should use a combination of his first rounders and players to move up into a top 5 spot in the draft. CGY could use someone to build around, someone to be their true #1.

But if he doesn't, 4 first rounders in a deep draft is looking quite nice for the Calgary flames and their re-build.

Now that Boumeester is gone for another 1st round pick. The Flames re-build is in full force. Look to see Kipper go for another 1st rounder.

IMO, Feaster should use a combination of his first rounders and players to move up into a top 5 spot in the draft. CGY could use someone to build around, someone to be their true #1.

But if he doesn't, 4 first rounders in a deep draft is looking quite nice for the Calgary flames and their re-build.

Isn't Calgary going to need to sign guys in the offseason just to hit the cap floor?

Somehow I can picture MacKinnon in a Flames jersey. Seems like a Flames guy.

Somehow I can picture MacKinnon in a Flames jersey. Seems like a Flames guy.

Feaster gives us all his 1sts for Luo after they send Kipper to Toronto hahahahahaha!

I'd laugh if Toronto did talk Kipper into it though, and Feaster turned around and Luongoed.

Michael Backlund and Calgary's 1st

Huh?

Here's the punchline.

Aaron Ward tells us all that Luo to Calgary is a done deal...

Luongo tells MG there's no chance in hell.

We wait a few hours.

Luo goes to Florida.

Calgary now has a good jump on the rebuild.

What they need to do is to repeat the process again next year. Trade Cammy, Stajan, Stempniak for whatever future they can get back, and don't look back.

Buckle up, Flames fans. It's going to be a bumpy ride.