The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

Tanev

Pittsburgh has this year and then they have to blow the team up because of the cap. They re so stacked, I'd rather MG be patient and get som etop prospects/picsk for Lu this summer than try to grab some pieces to make a run agianst the Penguins and in so doing, kill our shallow prospect pool.

This team isn't playing well enough this year to be a serious contender and needs time to figure out its identity before it throws away young talent for 1 run.

Definitely not unbeatable I doubt they win the cup, their stars are injury prone, D is average and Fleury is fragile.

Look at Colorado in 03-04, they are even more stacked than the pens, Sakic, Forsberg, Tanguay, Hejduk, Selanne, Kariya, Blake, Foote and Liles. What about those stacked Rangers teams in the early 2000s they never got anywhere. I'm guessing conference finals at best for this team.

Everyone handing the Cup to the Pens need to relax. dont you guys remember how stacked the Avs were when Selanee, Kariya, Blake, Foote all signed cheap ass contracts to play for the Avs in 2004 and create the dream team? well they didnt win the cup. lol

Calgary really blew this trade. This was their big asset that they were going to use to catapult them into future success.....and then they get 2 college players who aren't even top 10 prospects for the Penguins and a late 1st. Common sense suggests that maybe if they would have waited a week a team would have gotten more desperate and made a move. Maybe, god forbid, they could have had a bidding war between PItt and Boston.

Definitely not unbeatable I doubt they win the cup, their stars are injury prone, D is average and Fleury is fragile.

Look at Colorado in 03-04, they are even more stacked than the pens, Sakic, Forsberg, Tanguay, Hejduk, Selanne, Kariya, Blake, Foote and Liles. What about those stacked Rangers teams in the early 2000s they never got anywhere. I'm guessing conference finals at best for this team.

Archived