The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

Tanev

People are ripping apart this trade but you gotta understand it was Pittsburgh or bust for iggy. Iginla deserves every right to be traded to a legit contender. It was very classy of feaster to acknowledge that.

Our fans would be the same way if not worse if Gillis traded the Sedins for such a bad return. You gotta understand that Calgary fans just lost their hero; A guy that kids look up to and most likely the reason that the majority of Flames fans stuck with their team through their crappy years.

Well that was amazing.

My favorite quotes from HF tonight were:

"This is like Christmas !!! Nice work Peter C. !!"

"I thought Chia sucked though, and didn't know the trade market better than 90% of the posters here? Chia making people eat crow, once again. Lets hope many here will be eating a lot at the end of the season."

Then it all came crashing down, punctuated nicely with these little gems:

"I am like sweating right now I am so mad I want to kill somebody"

"Are you ****ing serious Chiarelli? You couldnt beat that deal Holy ****"

"Welp.....time to go figure out how I can give myself AIDS"

So this return seems just as bad or worse than what that boston "trade" was, seriously Feaster you couldn't get more for the face of your franchise that served the team for 16 years.

Now that Iggy's going to Pitts I can be happy if/when he gets the cup.

Haha Nothing like seeing the Bruins get shafted, Iggy I would of hated you if you went to the Bruins but I now have much respect for you for flipping Boston the finger and going to the Penguins. :lol: That's for making Canada miss out on a cup you stinky dirty players!

But seriously though, Pittsburgh is friggin' stacked now... Scary team, if we do make it the finals some how (Given our team is no where close to it was when we made our last cup run) I seriously doubt we come out on top in that one. lol

Really hope MG makes some kind of move, now is the time. I think Pittsburgh has to trade Kennedy now that they got Iggy, maybe we could grab him for our 3rd line and move Hansen up to the 2nd when Kes gets back? Clowe for Ballard and a 1st or 2nd? Trade deadline just come and go already. *sigh*

Archived