The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

Tanev

Doubt Iginla will go back to CGY until he wins a cup / gets a few good runs in. Doesn't make sense for him to go for the cup for one year, not win the cup, and then go back to a team that isn't going to make the playoffs.

I say he goes 3 seasons (including this one) in search of a cup. Once he gets one, he'll finish his career in CGY, if he doesn't get one he'll keep going for it.

Lot of pressure on Pittsburgh to win the Cup now, and quite frankly they still have a lot of holes on defence. This team was already the highest scoring team in the league, and Iginla and Morrow shouldn't change that for the worse at all so expect them to score a tonne, but Douglas Murray might not be all this team needs on defence.

They were exposed and embarassed against Philadelphia - a good coach will dissect their defence apart. Right now the only thing that beats Pittsburgh is a red-hot goalie and staunch defence. A good defence always beats a good offence, and the Rangers actually have the pieces to do it if they're firing on all cyclinders.

same with me. It seemed like that was a fair price for a rental, but seriously we get him for even longer! oh my...

Chia just OWNED Shero. For a similar package he got Morrow and Murray haha

Archived