The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

Tanev

A couple things.

lol at people handing the cup to Pitt, I highly doubt they win. They have the same problems as last year. Goal scoring was never a problem and their defence and goaltending hasn't really improved.

Secondly they can fit it under the cap because it only costs $2 million to rent Iggy for the rest of year.

I'll laugh when they are out. Not enough time for this team to get IMO.

Wow! I go to bed and Iggy is a hated Bruin, I wake up and he's a much loved Penguin! This is great news. I don't know about others on this board, but there are only a few teams I like in this league: Nucks, Habs, and Penguins. Grew up in Van, live in Montreal, and common, Sid the Kid!

Iggy was the only good thing going with the Flambays. I have hated for years what they have done to him with not making a team a contender for him. He is one of, if not THE classiest guys in the NHL and to know that he has the best chance now to win a cup just like Bourque did with Colorado is awesome. What a lineup the Penguins have now!!!!

And to Aaron Ward... ROFL LMAO LOL OMG you're an idiot!

Aaron Ward: And the award for best General Manager of the Year goes to.... Jay Feaster! Oh... haha very funny [looks around the stage smiling to see who played the joke on him, as the crowd laughs histerically]

[A young man walks out onto the stage smiling towards the audience and hands Aaron Ward another envelope]

[With a beet red face and an embarrassed looking smile, Aaron Ward opens the second envelop]

Aaron Ward: and the award goes to... Peter Chiarelli! Ok, COMMON! You guys told me before I came out here that the award is going to Ray Shero, this isn't funny anymore!

[says quietly to himself] Why do I always read whatever is written? Idiot, Wardsy!

[With a booming, and clearly irritated, voice into the microphone]

The award goes to Ray Shero.

[He walks off the stage with his head down and then stops at the edge of the stage and yells]

THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A DONE DEAL!

So, the Penguins have acquired three serious deadline pieces and given up one of their top 10 prospects?

How is this possible? Shero must be really convincing at selling his prospects. Can't believe the Flames could not pry even one of the Pens touted defense prospects in a deal for their hall of fame captain.

Flames fans have a right to be upset with this return.

wow the Pens sure our gambling on a deep run this year (although they really didn't give up too much other than Morrow and a few high draft picks) with a lineup like:

Kunitz- Corsby- Ignila

Neal-Malkin-Dupuis

Morrow-Sutter-Bennett

Cooke-Kennedy-Adams

Glass

LeTang-Martin

Niskanen-Orpik

Murray-Despres

They are on paper pretty hard to beat but we'll see what happens in the playoffs. Part of me thinks the players may get over confident and be set up to fail.

Archived