• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tanev

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

493 posts in this topic

Is it wrong that in this moment I love the Penguins more than the Canucks?

If GMPC actually was told he was getting Iginla and Feaster turned around & traded him to Pitts that makes him an even worse GM. I'm sure the Avs GM doesn't love him because of the RO'R, and now an eastern conference GM won't want to deal with him.

Not only did he not get enough for an elite winger, he ruined a relation in doing so...

I'd be pissed if I cared about the Flames.

Oilers got more for Penner. What a failure by the incompetent flames ownership to wait until Iginla had the least trade value.

I feel sorry for you guys.

I heard he had 4 teams. Now we have conflicting information here.

EVERYONE thinks Flames got hosed. Including Flames fans

Your the only one defending the return of the trade which is quite sad. At least Canucks fans are not afraid to admit bad moves Gillis makes.

Give your head a shake.

I love how iginla screwed that classless boston org. Now I can cheer for him to win a cup (if canucks don't win) with sid the kid, since pens are my second fav team cause of crosby! Van-Pitts finals coming up! :)

Hey Pittsburgh, want to make it a combo and add a goalie to that contender?

anyone see the weather in Calgary today?

422775_10152694370810527_392866894_n.jpg

for a 35 year old that only had one team on his mind

give your head a shake

too bad the refs dont agree with you smasshian...we've seen what happens come game 1 of the playoffs, the rules change. we all know it and its been that way since hockey started, been that way at every level of competitive hockey since the dawn of time. grit, size with enough skill wins cups.

fancy pants dancing around, skill only hoping for pp's doesn't because they dont come. and even if they do, i don't think with our pp it would matter (last point making that whole debate moot).

You have to have skill and size, not a lineup of Goons.

We have size, it would be nice to add more in our 3C spot. But we will see.

Really what you needs is a combination of everything, you need to have enough size, enough speed, enough skill, enough defense to be able to face the different types of teams. Its the Bill Torrey model.

Not 1 thing wins you a cup, it has to be a combination of alot of things like LA and Boston had.

To think that team almost bit the dust until Mario came riding in like the Lone Ranger to save the day. Look where they are today. And they still have 4 mill in cap space AND all four of their best prospects.

Sure their mediocrity back then helped them get Crosby, Malkin, and Staal, but its their scouting and drafting that has kept them at or near the top ever since. Vancouver continues to have a dismal record of drafting, or when we do its either tragedy (Bourdon) but mostly management misreading or mishandling (Shirokov, Grabner, Hodgson) and terrible scouting on the others that has held the team back from developing true top 6 talent. Because the real talent in prospect scouting is finding the gems in not only the low 1st but the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th rounds. Teams like Pittsburgh, Detroit, and New Jersey are some of the best at it. Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto are some of the worst.

wowee what an eventfull time for iginle yes boston had a donededeal yes said boston no said the pitsburgs boom the iginle said to pitsburg and boy oh boy to pitsbirg iginle said and yes there he goes iginle was the bruin yes he thought yes then the pitsburg said wow yes brain can not comprehension this events wow what a trade yes

wowee what an eventfull time for iginle yes boston had a donededeal yes said boston no said the pitsburgs boom the iginle said to pitsburg and boy oh boy to pitsbirg iginle said and yes there he goes iginle was the bruin yes he thought yes then the pitsburg said wow yes brain can not comprehension this events wow what a trade yes

Calgary could potentially be beastly in a few years. Building the right way...Getting rid of Iggy, Jay-B, & couple of plugs. Stock pile picks, go into Free agency with ~ 20 M pick up 2-3 Ehrhoff/Cammelleri callibre players and wait for those draft picks to complete the roster. Flames needed a rebuild pretty badly for sometime now. Last step would be to tank the remainder of the season and get rid of Kipper somehow.

People keep saying how Feaster F'ed this up. Really he did it right this time. He was fair to a player who has given the organization a ton and did not F around with his career.

Contrast this with Gillis, tries to get the highest value for Luongo dragging it out for over a year now. Luongo is past the point of caring, has no feeling of belonging, and quite really must even forget he is an NHL goalie.

On a typical day Luo is prolly like: Time to wake up to go watch the hockey game....wait crap I'm starting? Ahh a bit more work today damn....k w/e even if I let in 8 who gives an f***....Now back to more pressing matters I wonder if King Jack suited is enough to go all in for 30k....