The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

Tanev

To the people bashing Gillis:

He's not in a position to do the sort of moves that Pittsburgh recently did without giving up our already thin future.

Be patient with Gillis because he will get us a good return for one of our goaltenders.

Oh gosh, its funny how everyone one of us were probably googling those 2 players.

So this is how it ended up...

Calgary trades their heart and soul for a 1st round pick, a prospect draftd in the 5th round 3 years ago, and a prospect that was drafted in round 3 4 years ago?????

What's Vancouver equivalent....

Prospect drafted in the 3rd round in 2009.... Kevin Connauton, since he was drafted after him, Anton Rodin, so Anton Rodin

Prosptect drafted in 5th round in 2010. Adam Polasek

So in Vancouver's equivlanet is our 1st round pick, Plus Anton Rodin and Polasek for Jarome Iginla?

Lets put this way, Calgary got screwed in the Phaneuf trade, they got screwed big time in the Iginla trade.

I don't even know if I can make a better team on NHL 13....

I hope MG makes a trade fast because we are falling behind. The 2011 Canucks got hot at the right time and reached the finals...I'd argue that our team in 2011 was a step ahead of most teams in the NHL but after losing Ehrhoff and Torres and improvements from other teams I think many teams have surpassed the Canucks..

Archived