The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Iginla to Pittsburgh

Tanev

The only thing concerning about the Pens is that although their offense is as good as we'll ever see in the cap era, the same concerns remain, defense and goaltending. Letang has proven to be extremely fragile and if he can't stay healthy it could spell disaster. Fleury is Fleury, who the hell knows what'll happen there.

I think Iggy is a Jedi, and used a Jedi mind trick on Feaster.

Feaster: Iggy sorry bud, you're going to Boston.

Iggy: This is not the trade your looking for....

Feaster: This is not the trade I'm looking for...

Iggy: You're trading me to Pittsburgh for some no-name college kids, and a 1st rounder.

Feaster: Hello, Ray Shero, I'm trading you Iginla for some no-name college kids and 1st rounder.

Iggy: You can go ahead with the trade

Feaster: You'll do the deal...great.

Iggy: Have a cookie.

Feaster: Nom, nom, nom, nom....

Letang is very good, but primarily an offensive guy. Niskanen is above average. Martin, Engelland and Orpik are mediocre. Murray is terrible. That equals a suspect defensive group.

The numbers bear this out. They're 12th in the league in shots allowed. That's not terrible, but not exactly stellar either. With the skill they have at forward, they should be better than that. Their defense lets them down.

It doesn't matter. You can't call it absolute until the papers are signed. This era of instant information has made people careless when trying to be the first to report a story. When TSN's homepage has a story that Iginla's been dealt to Boston, I expect that to be the truth.

I think Iggy is a Jedi, and used a Jedi mind trick on Feaster.

Feaster: Iggy sorry bud, you're going to Boston.

Iggy: This is not the trade your looking for....

Feaster: This is not the trade I'm looking for...

Iggy: You're trading me to Pittsburgh for some no-name college kids, and a 1st rounder.

Feaster: Hello, Ray Shero, I'm trading you Iginla for some no-name college kids and 1st rounder.

Iggy: You can go ahead with the trade

Feaster: You'll do the deal...great.

Iggy: Have a cookie.

Feaster: Nom, nom, nom, nom....

Archived