playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

for a 35 year old that only had one team on his mind

give your head a shake

Should have done it earlier, complete incompetence. Just like the O'Reilly offer-sheet, Flames are the joke of the league now.

#452 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

too bad the refs dont agree with you smasshian...we've seen what happens come game 1 of the playoffs, the rules change. we all know it and its been that way since hockey started, been that way at every level of competitive hockey since the dawn of time. grit, size with enough skill wins cups.

fancy pants dancing around, skill only hoping for pp's doesn't because they dont come. and even if they do, i don't think with our pp it would matter (last point making that whole debate moot).

You have to have skill and size, not a lineup of Goons.

We have size, it would be nice to add more in our 3C spot. But we will see.

Really what you needs is a combination of everything, you need to have enough size, enough speed, enough skill, enough defense to be able to face the different types of teams. Its the Bill Torrey model.

Not 1 thing wins you a cup, it has to be a combination of alot of things like LA and Boston had.

zackass.png

#453 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

You have to have skill and size, not a lineup of Goons.

We have size, it would be nice to add more in our 3C spot. But we will see.

Really what you needs is a combination of everything, you need to have enough size, enough speed, enough skill, enough defense to be able to face the different types of teams. Its the Bill Torrey model.

Not 1 thing wins you a cup, it has to be a combination of alot of things like LA and Boston had.

That's the thing I don't get about this forum, people like BuretoMogilny and Understand preach about how much we need size and how important it is over and over again. Then they preach about how important it is for players to play big and gritty. Big and gritty is great in the bottom six, but when in the top six I'd personally rather have players who are good on the puck.

Size does help players be strong on the puck, but Sestito is 6'5" and couldn't take a regular role in the top six even if he wanted to. Guys like Burrows who are 6'1" are stronger on the puck than Sestito even though there's a 4 inch height difference.

I'd rather have a bunch of players in the 6'0"-6'2" range who are strong on the puck than a bunch of 6'5" 230 players who skate through sand and struggle to take a regular shift on the 4th line. Players who are 6'3"-6'5" and have skill don't just grow on trees, they're rare and pricy to come across. That's why a player like Kassian is able to catch a return like Hodgson through trade, they're hard to find.

Edited by BananaMash, 28 March 2013 - 02:48 PM.

FWYIerW.png

#454 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

To think that team almost bit the dust until Mario came riding in like the Lone Ranger to save the day. Look where they are today. And they still have 4 mill in cap space AND all four of their best prospects.

Sure their mediocrity back then helped them get Crosby, Malkin, and Staal, but its their scouting and drafting that has kept them at or near the top ever since. Vancouver continues to have a dismal record of drafting, or when we do its either tragedy (Bourdon) but mostly management misreading or mishandling (Shirokov, Grabner, Hodgson) and terrible scouting on the others that has held the team back from developing true top 6 talent. Because the real talent in prospect scouting is finding the gems in not only the low 1st but the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th rounds. Teams like Pittsburgh, Detroit, and New Jersey are some of the best at it. Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto are some of the worst.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#455 Saniel Dedin

Saniel Dedin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

wowee what an eventfull time for iginle yes boston had a donededeal yes said boston no said the pitsburgs boom the iginle said to pitsburg and boy oh boy to pitsbirg iginle said and yes there he goes iginle was the bruin yes he thought yes then the pitsburg said wow yes brain can not comprehension this events wow what a trade yes
Free Saniel Dedins Siblings!!!
http://forum.canucks...-saniel-dedins/
Go go go!!!

#456 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

wowee what an eventfull time for iginle yes boston had a donededeal yes said boston no said the pitsburgs boom the iginle said to pitsburg and boy oh boy to pitsbirg iginle said and yes there he goes iginle was the bruin yes he thought yes then the pitsburg said wow yes brain can not comprehension this events wow what a trade yes

Seriously, is English not your first language?

FWYIerW.png

#457 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Calgary could potentially be beastly in a few years. Building the right way...Getting rid of Iggy, Jay-B, & couple of plugs. Stock pile picks, go into Free agency with ~ 20 M pick up 2-3 Ehrhoff/Cammelleri callibre players and wait for those draft picks to complete the roster. Flames needed a rebuild pretty badly for sometime now. Last step would be to tank the remainder of the season and get rid of Kipper somehow.

People keep saying how Feaster F'ed this up. Really he did it right this time. He was fair to a player who has given the organization a ton and did not F around with his career.

Contrast this with Gillis, tries to get the highest value for Luongo dragging it out for over a year now. Luongo is past the point of caring, has no feeling of belonging, and quite really must even forget he is an NHL goalie.

On a typical day Luo is prolly like: Time to wake up to go watch the hockey game....wait crap I'm starting? Ahh a bit more work today damn....k w/e even if I let in 8 who gives an f***....Now back to more pressing matters I wonder if King Jack suited is enough to go all in for 30k....

Edited by adniel_g, 28 March 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#458 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

look at his post history.......same similar post,, grammar mistake......not a troll but definately under 15 years of age

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#459 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

What he said.

#460 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

lol no kidding

#461 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I'm betting the Peg to beat Pitts tonight.
Posted Image

#462 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Apparently it's Saniel Dedin now.
Posted Image

#463 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Can see some comparisons with the Lu situation here. MG playing the waiting game on an asset that is only getting older. Gotta wonder how much longer he can afford to wait before he gets even less than what Feaster got for Iggy.
Posted Image

#464 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I like this trade better for CGY.

The Russian from Beantown may have skill, but he lacks size and TSN projected him to be a second liner -- for whatever that's worth. Bartkowski will be 25 in the summer, and has amassed a total of 11 games in the NHL. One will probably a depth NHL'er and the other may never be an NHL'er - certainly not a regular. On top of that, they may or may not have even received that first round pick since it there were conditions attached to it.

The trade with Pitts guarantees that first rounder. The Flames get two college players with about a point per game, or better. They're only 20 and 21 years old. Neither of them lack size. The only difference is they probably can't jump into the NHL right away.

But from a potential point of view, the deal with Pitts looks a lot better right now.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 28 March 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

#465 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Iginla is being dissed for changing his mind after Feaster had accepted the Bruins offer .. Jarome said he would move to 4 teams then changes his mind after a deal-in-pronciple is in place, and makes Feaster look like the goof he is ..

Jarome does not have the class most folks here give him credit for .. cheer for Pitt all you want .. if Fleury plays like a D-bag again they will lose .. and I will be chortling my wee arse off ..

You Jarome fans should cheer for Doan to join him .. :towel:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#466 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Can see some comparisons with the Lu situation here. MG playing the waiting game on an asset that is only getting older. Gotta wonder how much longer he can afford to wait before he gets even less than what Feaster got for Iggy.

Iggy is a pending UFA and was only willing to go to one team. Kind of limited Feaster's options.

Elite goaltenders come along alot less often then elite forwards.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#467 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Iggy is a pending UFA and was only willing to go to one team. Kind of limited Feaster's options.

Could argue the other way as well that teams would be more reluctant to take on Luongo's large contract that doesn't end anything in the near future. Also factor in Lu's NTC and his small list of teams he would be willing to move to.

Edited by Tru_Knyte, 28 March 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Posted Image

#468 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Could argue the other way as well that teams would be more reluctant to take on Luongo's large contract that doesn't end anything in the near future. Also factor in Lu's NTC and his small list of teams he would be willing to move to.

Having stability in net for a long time is a good thing. Lu will most likely play until he's 40 at least. For a big market team like Toronto the amount of salary he has left is a non factor.

Lu's list is not a small one from the sounds of it. The more he sits as a backup, the more it sounds like he's willing to go almost anywhere.

Posted Image

#469 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Also, a slightly short sighted GM would say that every team has an elite goalie, but not every team has a former 40 goal power forward.

Iginla is still good for 25 in a full season.
Posted Image

#470 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Having stability in net for a long time is a good thing. Lu will most likely play until he's 40 at least. For a big market team like Toronto the amount of salary he has left is a non factor.

Lu's list is not a small one from the sounds of it. The more he sits as a backup, the more it sounds like he's willing to go almost anywhere.

I hope so. I hope you are right.
Posted Image

#471 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,481 posts

That's the thing I don't get about this forum, people like BuretoMogilny and Understand preach about how much we need size and how important it is over and over again. Then they preach about how important it is for players to play big and gritty. Big and gritty is great in the bottom six, but when in the top six I'd personally rather have players who are good on the puck.

Size does help players be strong on the puck, but Sestito is 6'5" and couldn't take a regular role in the top six even if he wanted to. Guys like Burrows who are 6'1" are stronger on the puck than Sestito even though there's a 4 inch height difference.

I'd rather have a bunch of players in the 6'0"-6'2" range who are strong on the puck than a bunch of 6'5" 230 players who skate through sand and struggle to take a regular shift on the 4th line. Players who are 6'3"-6'5" and have skill don't just grow on trees, they're rare and pricy to come across. That's why a player like Kassian is able to catch a return like Hodgson through trade, they're hard to find.

Yeah me too, and I think that is the thing aswell that people dont get. Like at one point, there are people who want scoring, at another point, some want size. While like you say its not easy to get both in one combination.

Like you though I would rather the average/slighty above average guy who has good puck skills and contributes in other areas than the goon or grinder who just brings size and can't skate. Those players very rarely play significant roles for cup teams.

zackass.png

#472 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I like this trade better for CGY. The Russian from Beantown may have skill, but he lacks size and TSN projected him to be a second liner -- for whatever that's worth. Bartkowski will be 25 in the summer, and has amassed a total of 11 games in the NHL. One will probably a depth NHL'er and the other may never be an NHL'er - certainly not a regular. On top of that, they may or may not have even received that first round pick since it there were conditions attached to it. The trade with Pitts guarantees that first rounder. The Flames get two college players with about a point per game, or better. They're only 20 and 21 years old. Neither of them lack size. The only difference is they probably can't jump into the NHL right away. But from a potential point of view, the deal with Pitts looks a lot better right now.

I don't think Craig Button gave Khoklachev his due. I think he is better than given credit for.

Also Peter Chiarelli apparently said the pick wasn't conditional today in his presser. If thats the case then I like the BOS offer more, if not and it is conditional, then maybe I would take this one.

zackass.png

#473 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

look at his post history.......same similar post,, grammar mistake......not a troll but definately under 15 years of age

yes i was like wowee yes and then but i was also like yes please dont type like this yes this is an exciting time yes im probably an allkill duplicate account yes typing like this yes so i dont get caught yes wowee yes

I like this trade better for CGY.

The Russian from Beantown may have skill, but he lacks size and TSN projected him to be a second liner -- for whatever that's worth. Bartkowski will be 25 in the summer, and has amassed a total of 11 games in the NHL. One will probably a depth NHL'er and the other may never be an NHL'er - certainly not a regular. On top of that, they may or may not have even received that first round pick since it there were conditions attached to it.

The trade with Pitts guarantees that first rounder. The Flames get two college players with about a point per game, or better. They're only 20 and 21 years old. Neither of them lack size. The only difference is they probably can't jump into the NHL right away.

But from a potential point of view, the deal with Pitts looks a lot better right now.

I think a lot of people are writing this off because they're NCAA players. I don't know why people are so skeptical about the college route. We have quite a few players on our team that went that way... The development usually takes longer, but they can turn into good NHLers.

FWYIerW.png

#474 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Also, a slightly short sighted GM would say that every team has an elite goalie, but not every team has a former 40 goal power forward.

Iginla is still good for 25 in a full season.

Toronto, Florida, and Tampa Bay don't have elite goalies. All of them would love to have some stability in net rather than hoping average goalies get hot every year.

Iggy is still a rental despite being a former 40 goal scorer. He's still most likely a one shot deal. Unlike Luongo who will likely be a starter on whatever team he goes to for the next 6 or 7 years.

Edited by DeNiro, 28 March 2013 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

#475 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Toronto, Florida, and Tampa Bay don't have elite goalies. All of them would love to have some stability in net rather than hoping average goalies get hot every year.

Neither does Colorado, or Chicago, or Nashville for that matter, look at their score tonight. I was just sayin'...

But some people feel that Lu is not elite any more...
Posted Image

#476 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

lol not sure if posted! **Language Warning**

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#477 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Neither does Colorado, or Chicago, or Nashville for that matter, look at their score tonight. I was just sayin'...

But some people feel that Lu is not elite any more...

Well luckily I think the people who are looking to acquire Lu do, and that's all that matter.

Right now they're just trying to get him for as little as possible, because they think we're in a position of weakness. But I think there's at least one team that will finally cave and give us a good price to make sure they get him.

Edited by DeNiro, 28 March 2013 - 05:51 PM.

Posted Image

#478 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Well luckily I think the people who are looking to acquire Lu do, and that's all that matter.

Right now they're just trying to get him for as little as possible, because they think we're in a position of weakness. But I think there's at least one team that will finally cave and give us a good price to make sure they get him.

Admirably optimistic...
Posted Image

#479 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Should have done it earlier, complete incompetence. Just like the O'Reilly offer-sheet, Flames are the joke of the league now.

Now? They were always.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#480 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

lol not sure if posted! **Language Warning**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Oph5bPghStQ

Lmfao! I love you Iggy, F@#K BOSTON, and their dumb, whiny little bitch fans too!!

Edited by JohnLennon, 29 March 2013 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.