The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What could've Van offered for Iginla?

Super_Canuck

WHOA! Did Calgary just get hosed or what? Did they really just make this deal? Iginla for a couple of no-name, un-heard of prospects and a late 1st rd pick? WTF?! I for sure thought they would demand more. Now this got me thinking, if it took so little for the Pens to obtain Iggy, what could've the Canucks offered to the Flames? I know we weren't on his trade list but perhaps if we had made an offer, Calgary could've at least discussed it with Iginla?

So just for fun, using this trade as a template, what would you have offered Calgary for Iginla? Which prospects would you have sent to them? How about something like a 1st, Yann Sauve and Anton Rodin? I don't think Sauve and Rodin are going to make this team. They were drafted 4-5 years ago and have yet to make an impact. As of right now, I don't see a spot for both of them on this team.

Our 1st would've been a late pick anyway. Both Sauve and Rodin are higher picks then the guys Pittsburgh's sending to Calgary. (Since we're a divisional rival, we would have to put in a bit of a better offer then others)

Archived