Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What could've Van offered for Iginla?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

WHOA! Did Calgary just get hosed or what? Did they really just make this deal? Iginla for a couple of no-name, un-heard of prospects and a late 1st rd pick? WTF?! I for sure thought they would demand more. Now this got me thinking, if it took so little for the Pens to obtain Iggy, what could've the Canucks offered to the Flames? I know we weren't on his trade list but perhaps if we had made an offer, Calgary could've at least discussed it with Iginla?

So just for fun, using this trade as a template, what would you have offered Calgary for Iginla? Which prospects would you have sent to them? How about something like a 1st, Yann Sauve and Anton Rodin? I don't think Sauve and Rodin are going to make this team. They were drafted 4-5 years ago and have yet to make an impact. As of right now, I don't see a spot for both of them on this team.

Our 1st would've been a late pick anyway. Both Sauve and Rodin are higher picks then the guys Pittsburgh's sending to Calgary. (Since we're a divisional rival, we would have to put in a bit of a better offer then others)

Edited by Super_Canuck, 27 March 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#2 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Jensen, a defensive prospect, and a 1st.

#3 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Not worth it ... How bout ballard straight up dont use him anyway

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)
cuz when I saw you outside in the bushes, by length I would have guessed 11...

QUOTE(Whiskey7 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#4 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Only if Gillis is dumber than Feaster.

#5 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Prab Rai and a conditional Tim Horton's gift card if he re-signs.

#6 bb83

bb83

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

a bag of peanuts and ham sammich.

#7 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Same as penguins.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#8 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

lol are you serious? Pitt gave up next to nothing and you would've given up our best prospect??

#9 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Same as penguins.

Which would be what?

#10 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Our 1st is far too valuable to us than it is to Pitt

We just don't have the chips to play this game.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#11 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

would've done rights to Booth, Grenier and conditional 1st (at least Grenier's got professional experience and could be closer to being NHL ready than those NCAA prospects they got back)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#12 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Connauton, Rodin, conditional 1st
Posted Image

#13 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

sports fan radio 960 :bigblush:

#14 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

ppoor flame fans lol

kind of worries me it could be the canucks in 3 years after sedins run out

#15 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Uh, Raymond Ballard 1st. Duhhhr

#16 Zuongo

Zuongo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

None. Don't need him. We have the pieces, they just need to start fitting together.
Canuck

#17 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

I would've traded Luongo

#18 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Nothing since Calg wouldn't have traded him to a division rival AND apparently we weren't on his "trade-to" list

#19 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

It really doesn't matter what we offered.

Iginla picked which deal was accepted, not the managment. And ours wouldn't have been picked. This is all pointless speculation cause there was no chance Iginla was coming here.

zackass.png

#20 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

None. Don't need him. We have the pieces, they just need to start fitting together.

You gotta be kidding me! You wouldn't want Jarome fricken Iginla? Sure he is not the Iginal of 4-5 years ago, but he's still a warrior and a playoff performer! He is gonna be hungry to win his 1st cup. He would be the 2nd best winger on our team after Danny. If you think we have the pieces already, then you are delusional!

Edited by Super_Canuck, 27 March 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#21 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

lol are you serious? Pitt gave up next to nothing and you would've given up our best prospect??

In what world does a team send their star player and captain to a divisional rival for a couple of college players and a 1st?

#22 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Nothing since Calg wouldn't have traded him to a division rival AND apparently we weren't on his "trade-to" list

Read the part in bold if you didn't read the whole post? And if the offer was right, CGY wouldn't refuse. They would take the best offer available.

WHOA! Did Calgary just get hosed or what? Did they really just make this deal? Iginla for a couple of no-name, un-heard of prospects and a late 1st rd pick? WTF?! I for sure thought they would demand more. Now this got me thinking, if it took so little for the Pens to obtain Iggy, what could've the Canucks offered to the Flames? I know we weren't on his trade list but perhaps if we had made an offer, Calgary could've at least discussed it with Iginla?

So just for fun, using this trade as a template, what would you have offered Calgary for Iginla? Which prospects would you have sent to them? How about something like a 1st, Yann Sauve and Anton Rodin? I don't think Sauve and Rodin are going to make this team. They were drafted 4-5 years ago and have yet to make an impact. As of right now, I don't see a spot for both of them on this team.

Our 1st would've been a late pick anyway. Both Sauve and Rodin are higher picks then the guys Pittsburgh's sending to Calgary. (Since we're a divisional rival, we would have to put in a bit of a better offer then others)

#23 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

In what world does a team send their star player and captain to a divisional rival for a couple of college players and a 1st?

Rodin and Sauve are college players? really?! In what world? Rodin and Sauve are both better then what Pitt gave them and all this divisional crap doesn't matter as much as before. You take the best deal possible, even if that is from a rival.

#24 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

would've done rights to Booth, Grenier and conditional 1st (at least Grenier's got professional experience and could be closer to being NHL ready than those NCAA prospects they got back)

Taking on Booth and his contract right now is like taking on unsecured plutonium. No GM, not even Feaster, would want him.

#25 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

It really doesn't matter what we offered.

Iginla picked which deal was accepted, not the managment. And ours wouldn't have been picked. This is all pointless speculation cause there was no chance Iginla was coming here.

Iginla gave them a list of teams, he didn't pick what deal to accept. That's Management's decision. And I bet if our deal was the best one on the table, it most likely would've been accepted

#26 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,144 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

lui if kipper wants to leave or retire.

as for something like pitts did, possibly. bunch of no names and 1st rd.

we'll hear this again:

Posted Image

#27 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Rodin and Sauve are college players? really?! In what world? Rodin and Sauve are both better then what Pitt gave them and all this divisional crap doesn't matter as much as before. You take the best deal possible, even if that is from a rival.

Hanowski and Agostino are the two college players I'm talking about :sadno: Our equivalent would be along the lines of two of Labate, Hutton, Price (now in Chicago), McNally, or even Beattie. Again, two of those and a first rounder.

If Vancouver wanted Iginla from Calgary they would've had to have given up a lot more than Rodin (has not found success in NA, likely returning to Sweden next season) and Sauve (long-term project). So then, in what world does that and a first get a divisional rival to give you their star player?

#28 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

I don't think we would have given the Flames, Gaunce,Lack,Jensen or Carrado.Any two other players and a 1st...It also seems that Feaster only had his eyes on prospects,not on players on current NHL rosters.

#29 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Iginla gave them a list of teams, he didn't pick what deal to accept. That's Management's decision. And I bet if our deal was the best one on the table, it most likely would've been accepted

I think that Smashian Kassian was right. Listening to Feaster's presser, it really sounded to me like Iggy was co-piloting at the very least.

#30 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Iginla had the NMC.

Iginla decided where he went. And he chose Pittsburgh. Feaster said that himself.

zackass.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.